X-Box runs 13.45@ 101.3mph | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X-Box runs 13.45@ 101.3mph

Hello Everyone,

Well I'm getting closer to my goal of the 12's. I ran 10 times at Morosso and most were around 13.5 @ 100. The truck is running great, I need to get some slicks and a different stall converter. The blower is putting out 9psi. I also can't brake torque the transmission because once the S/C comes on I lose breakpressure (The brakes don't work under boost). The supercharger was blowing temps at around 270* down the intake's throat, so I think an aftercooler is a good idea. The track temp ranged from a low (last run) 85* to 93*. My new intduction worked great, only added a max 10* to the (basically ambient) track temp. The cold air induction has made a huge improvement. Overall it was hot and muggy. Wait till November for some cool air....;)

The numbers

Run #-----2------------------8
R/T-------.574---------------.539
60' ------1.964--------------2.108
1/8mi----8.61--------------- 8.72
1/4mi---13.459--------------13.475
mph---101.32--------------102.9

Dom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The loss of vaccum is very weird....

I bet the check valve at the Bosster is toast. you might also try a second one closer to the manifold and put a vacuum acumulator to help store the vacuum.

Sound like nice runs. you have a race weight? and your running a vortech?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

His race weight should be around 4375-4425 or so I would imagine. Maybe he actually was able to put it on the scales when he was at the track. The head unit he is running is a Powerdyne BD-11. The only person that is (was) running a Vortech S-trim unit on their V-8 explorer was Bill (TROLL), I dont believe there is any other running one on their truck to the best of my knowledge.

Well there is all those ;-) Saleen Expy's with the Vortechs....

The Vortech (Paxton too) is such a power maker I dont know why more arnt using it.

i have only heard of one truck beside my brother with a vortech but i have never seen it. it was a saleen but there are no pics of them any where with them, and most saleens where not blown any ways so if there where any beside one or two there is still no way to obtain the brackets from saleen or vortech. saleen also used the powerdyne for all the years they had the saleen explorer any ways. there are only two blower kits that will fit explorers powerdynes and EE but only one is good for ok power but neither is good for any serious numbers.

Hm, I guess Troll is using the Mustang set up?

blk mk8 said:
but neither is good for any serious numbers.

I beg to differ. You said that Powerdyne and EE kits arent good for any serious numbers. Well if you are talking about the BD-11 silent drive head unit then yes by all means it is not a race charger in the least in my eyes either. But the XB-1A gear driven head unit on the other hand has a max rated psi of 18 and flows 1200 cfm where as the Vortech S-trim max rated psi is 20 with a max flow of 1000 cfm.

Oh and skywalker yes Troll is using a modified stang setup. By the way Dan while you are in here. Did ya guys get rid of the charger and accessories yet?

no we still have the blower on the truck. yes the new powerdyne is capable of making good power as we discussed before but powerdyne was always flakie about it fitting right and i have not see any one put up numbers with one yet. well numbers on a car with a serious setup. my freind dennis did a 5.0 explorer with heads and cam and it did not make good numbers.

Anyone talked to X-Box lately? I've sent a few PM's to ask him some questions but it was a while back. He posted a mod list not too long ago, does anyone have the link ??

i know what his car has but i dont have time to list it for now but i can do it later. i talk to him once a week or so, he has been bussy latly and not to much internet access.

i've seen a black saleen with a vortech, wasnt' seriously built otherwise. i believe it was installed by kenny speed's in suburban phoenix.

if you go over there agian take some pictures and post them. i had heard saleen sold a couple vortech kits but i have never meet any one that could obtain one.

It's located in tempe az. i moved back to minnesota now for college and very rarely go down there. I know this vehicle was worked on by Kenny Speed's shop in phoenix, because Kenny himself initially told me about it, then i met the owner at a car wash. sorry about not having pics or access.

Well if you talk to those guys over there, tell them we got a truck for them to race.

Back