• Register Today It's free!

X-Plan orders

houtzb

Reaction score
City, State
Fitchburg, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited 4WD
Does anyone know if X-Plan orders are treated differently from other retail orders?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know if X-Plan orders are treated differently from other retail orders?

Thanks!

I work at a local ford place as a salesman and our orders have no priority other than first come first serve.

Thanks bt93 - got an update on my order yesterday and it's moving along nicely.

Update?

houtzb, when did you place your order and what was your update?

2012 Ordered 6/24. Update was that the VIN was assigned and it should roll off the production line approx. 8/8.

2012 Ordered 6/24. Update was that the VIN was assigned and it should roll off the production line approx. 8/8.
Now that I have your order info, feel free to message me anytime if you’d like me to research for updates! :D

Cory

Question about X-Plan orders:

- Do you need the PIN when you place the order, or when you pick it up?

I wasn't sure if you have a certain amount of time to use the PIN and didn't want to request it to early if it's not used until the vehicle comes in.

mad_dog97 said:
Question about X-Plan orders:

- Do you need the PIN when you place the order, or when you pick it up?

I wasn't sure if you have a certain amount of time to use the PIN and didn't want to request it to early if it's not used until the vehicle comes in.

Your PIN will be generated and good for a full year. I presented mine at time of order. I'd get your PIN an have it available.

...Do you need the PIN when you place the order, or when you pick it up?

mad_dog97,
I recommend having the PIN when you place the order so the dealer can lock it in. A PIN will be good for a year, like houtzb said. If you have any further questions, you can call the AXZ and D Program phone number at 1-800-348-7709 to speak with a live agent.

Cory

Just curious if anyone who has bought with the X-plan has been able to negotiate in addition to the X-plan savings? I am looking at buying a new Explorer and just curious how fixed that X-plan is. From what I am told its pretty much a fixed price but if Ford is offering additional incentives they can be used. Unfortuntaly Ford is not offering any incentives right now.

I ordered my 2012 with fleet pricing, and rebate incentives don't apply I was told. Haven't asked about the $750 coupon I received in the mail. Wasn't much negotiating on fleet price. Not totally sure how x-plan savings compare to fleet pricing.

I ordered my 2012 with fleet pricing, and rebate incentives don't apply I was told. Haven't asked about the $750 coupon I received in the mail. Wasn't much negotiating on fleet price. Not totally sure how x-plan savings compare to fleet pricing.
i bought with x-plan, which is a set price and on top of that any current incentives you may have. The $750.00 coupon can be applied as additional discount

i bought with x-plan, which is a set price and on top of that any current incentives you may have. The $750.00 coupon can be applied as additional discount

That was my experience too.

Back