• Register Today It's free!

x wont roll backwards

jrock02301

Reaction score
City, State
Ada, Ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
i pulled in to a parking lot and heard a ping like sound from there i tried to move and it acts like 1st and 2nd are gone so im thinking tranny is gone put it in reverse same thing but i have drive and ovedrive so i got home easily enough go to back it in to a spot until i can get funds for a tranny and it wont even roll backwards pushing it pulling it with 4 wheeler acts like its in park? what would cause that. and is a 5r55e tranny with a 3year warranty for 550 a good deal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2wd

not yet.. if i do what should i look for. i was just gonna pull it and throw it away seeing how i dont have a core charge for the new one

is it common for 1 and 2 and rev to go out in this truck ihavent seen to many threads like mine

i havent had that problem that ive noticed. but i have read about it the tranny im getting has a rebuilt valve body with stronger springs in it. just hope i last as long as the old one and drives like stock or better

Back