X24 Bit The Dust | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X24 Bit The Dust

ya my local ford dealer also lies it took em 3 transmission rebuilds to get it the shifting right because they never thought to check the valve body. the explorer was in the shop for over a month luckialy it was under warranty. but they pulled my engine once to fix the timing chain rattle the rattle went away for about a day then came back. at this time they also broke the sender for my oil pressure gauge and lots of the plastic peices that hold the wires to the engine to keep things neat. on top of that they forgot to install numerous bolts including 4 oil pan bolts. the bolts that hold the braded fuel line to the block and the screws that held the vaccum modulator to the intake. it took them 3 times to get the alignment right. they also replaced the wrong axle seal the wrong way causing them both to and they also replaced the parking brakepads against my request "only do them if they are under warranty" and charged me for them only to have that not work either. and last but not least THEY DID NOT FEEL THAT IT WAS NECESSARY IT INSTALL A SEAL FOR THE IMPUT SHAFT ON THE TRANSMISSION. THIS LEAD TO THE TRANSMISSION FLUID POURING OUT ABOUT 3 MILES FROM THE DEALER BURNING UP THE TRANSMISSION THEY JUST REBUILT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn, billly...if you want to go to a quality dealer (we've been dealing with them for 10 years and 175k miles), even though it may be kind of a hike, check out williams ford in west hartford, we've always had awesome service there ;)

Changed the oil today and found an oil leak. There's oil all over my tranny. I cant tell if its the oil pan gasket or the rear engine oil seal thats leaking. I'm going to call ford headquarters and make sure its ok that I bring it to another dealer to have the repairs made. I dont see why the Ford warranty on the new motor would require me to take it back to the dealer that did the installation.

X24 said:
Changed the oil today and found an oil leak. There's oil all over my tranny. I cant tell if its the oil pan gasket or the rear engine oil seal thats leaking. I'm going to call ford headquarters and make sure its ok that I bring it to another dealer to have the repairs made. I dont see why the Ford warranty on the new motor would require me to take it back to the dealer that did the installation.

Well, at least the problem is minor when compared to the previous one.

Brother, I just read your saga for the first time and I think you have more patience than anyone I have ever met. Your record keeping and persistence with driving by the dealer to see if the explorer had moved are second to none. I think your warranty should be good anywhere and you'll get that puppy fixed up in no time.

Jason

Well, at least the problem is minor when compared to the previous one.
A rear engine oil seal (if thats the problem) is not very minor. That requires removal of either the engine or tranny and we all know how long it takes to remove an engine, don't we class. 5 Months.

Brother, I just read your saga for the first time and I think you have more patience than anyone I have ever met. Your record keeping and persistence with driving by the dealer to see if the explorer had moved are second to none.
Tell that to the dealer. They hate me for being so persistent. Everyone who has heard my story says they would rip their heads off, yet the dealer tells me I'm out of control even though all I did was talk to them everytime and not flip out. There was one time at the very end when I sort of flipped out and that was only because the owner was in my face telling me what a problem I've been. They are the typical ignorant business men who constantly try to get away with bad business even when they are called out on it over and over by the same customer.

Ford HQ was closed when I called today so I'll call them Monday and let you know what they say.

X24 said:
A rear engine oil seal (if thats the problem) is not very minor. That requires removal of either the engine or tranny and we all know how long it takes to remove an engine, don't we class. 5 Months.

Oops, I thought you were talking about an oil pan seal/gasket.

It could be the oil pan gasket, which would be minor, but it just cant be that simple. Simple would be doing the job right the first time. Knowing these guys, its something major. We'll see.

See what i would do if i were you cause i have no paitence for BS is id look up each person u spoke to that gave u the run around then once u find there home phone # harass them everynight at dinner time just simply say hi is my explorer ready yet then hang up i know it sounds childish but ugh i hate ford dealers it took them 2 weeks to do my rear hatch recall and they tried to charge be but i refused payment and got my friend who is a cop in the local ptc involved and that was that

the thought had crossed my mind

Wow. About the only thing I would have done differently is I would have started recorded all conversations with the dealership.

And burn the S.O.B. dealership to the ground too :D

Back