Yet another Running Board Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yet another Running Board Question

Is it possible to plug the holes that are left from the running board's then put the running board back on..

I just want to plug the hole's on the rocker that the plastic retainer's go into. and use the 12 bolts to hold it on...

anyone think this could be problem?

the reason I want to do this is, my wife and kid's have a hard time getting in the truck w/o the running board's, but I want them off when 4wding, and don't want to get mud and water in the hole's, and pulling those plastic retainer's is a PITA.

So what do you all think would it be OK w/o the plastic retainers??

TIA

Well... I wonder if it would sit right without them holding on. I know the brackets do all the work but the plastic plugs keep it pressed up against the body. Unless you dont care what it looks like. It should be close enough. Have you thought about getting something custom made? What about having metal tubes in place of the L brackets and bolting one to the stock holes in the body and having another, smaller, one on the board. Then you could just kinda slide them in and pop a pin through a hole. Sure would beat those 12 bolts everytime.

Back