post pics of your HID's | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

post pics of your HID's

post pics of you HID's in action whether their in stock housing or diamond or projector housing. also tell what brand, what K too.

hope to see lots of pics :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you bought the same kit I did, they have the high/low in the correct positions. It may not look like it.. but if you view your vehicle in front from a distance... and have someone switch them you'll see.. also the beam pattern, pay close attention to it.

It doesn't matter what year you get the rings from, any 2nd gen.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

damn just got back home and that was confusing. seems like it but i haven't gotten flash yet. i'll take care of the rings and later. but everything works fine.

You will sooner or later. =)

damn just got back home and that was confusing. seems like it but i haven't gotten flash yet. i'll take care of the rings and later. but everything works fine.

i think i have my old ones..... pm/e-mail me if your interested

First time posting here :) Just upgraded to HID last night... Bought them directly from a guy that works at the local auto zone for 100 bucks..there was no brand name on the box and they were made in china...well, so the box says.... there marked as 10000k? Best thing I've done to a car......ever, very happy. check out the pics, by the way it's a 2003 Explorer XLT V6

2337034171_83bccb876b.jpg

2337036097_4d4dfa6009.jpg

Is there anything that can be done to the driving lamps now? they look pathetic under the hid's..lol

Damn you and your cell phone pics!!!! Haha.. good to know you got it figured out.

If anyone else has issues fitting the bulb into the housing, I made a little video.

Hahaha....

He couldn't figure out how to get the bulb and ring to work.

i thought it was to hold the bulb in the socket. i'll post better pics tomorrow. should be totally done with the lights. yeah i guess i did put the retainer in backwards. i'll fix that tomorrow. drove around and it seemed ok. sorry for pics being little. first time i ever uploaded to a board. how do i make them bigger.

Nope, the plastic ring that secures the bulb in the socket...
I didn't have a problem with the rubber ring, it's very secure.
With a normal halogen bulb, the plastic ring locked the bulb in place, but with HID bulbs.. it stays in place and still locks the bulb in place, but the hid bulb goes in after the ring, not the bulb before the ring, like with halogen

Lens/Plastic Ring/HID Bulb
Lens/Halogen Bulb/Plastic Ring

My ring wouldn't go on if the HID bulb was in place, because of the plastic lump the wires come out of...

LMAO... Before the page completely loaded, and after I saw you last posted.. I thought to myself "Aldive seems to like to improve everything, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten HIDs yet... I know he has the britebox.. but the HIDs are one huge improvement.. he'd probably go with 4XXXK... I'll leave a message to him about it...." Hahaha... wow..

hope this thread isn't to dead to toss up some pics of the new Beamer HID kit I just install in my 91 Explorer.

HIDballast.jpg

The ballasts are super small compared to the set that I install in my BII. The plug and play set up of the kit made the install stupid easy. Total install time was 30 mins mainly due to running the wires for a clean install.
It was hard to get a good straight on shot so the beam patterns will have to do.
Low beams,
lowbeam.jpg

Hi beams
hibeam.jpg

There are some dark spots but that's from the diamond cut head light buckets.
The wife and I didn't seem to think is a big deal since the extra advantage kinda over rides those small issues.

Back