SMORR 2011....Official thread | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR 2011....Official thread

Your welcome levi,going to miss you being there.

Jason congrats on the house and your right that comes frist along with tiffney!! Will mis you guys also.

Can't wait to meet the new faces that are traveling from so far away. It will be worth it!! that's for sure!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like its just the wife and I for the upcoming weekend. We plan on coming down bright and early Saturday morning setting up camp and joining whatever wheeling is going on and spending the night.

How early is too early, ya think? I saw 9am was gates opening...but didnt know if we could get there a little earlier to unload/prep for a campsite.

Thanks for the info!
Absolutely cant wait to wheel (first time this year!)!

The trailheads are gated and close at midnight and open back up in the AM. The office, parking lot, campsites, bath house, & diner are all accessible at any time day or night. You guys can set up as early as you want, but be warned, if you start making a bunch of noise at 5 am, there are some grumpy bears in the park with paws and claws....LOL

Congrats on the house Jason! :)

I'll be there, but the mountaineer is no longer coming. Some asshat decided to run a red light tonight. I saw them coming and cranked the wheel hard left to spin out and miss him. Luckily the car didn't hit me, but I hit a curb hard. I was going 40mph when I cranked the wheel and slammed into the curb. One of the wheels broke on me, the tire seems to be ok though. So now the money that was going to pay for fuel to smorr is going to go towards a new wheel instead.:(

That sucks Eric :thumbdwn:

I talked with the park personal today and they wanted to make sure to tell you guys that if anybody wants a powered RV site to call right away to make reservations for it. You can pay for it when you arrive. The other group that is going to be there with us have over 60 rigs and close to 100 people, so they will also be taking up the sites.

Call Kala at the park @ 417- three eight zero-6117 to make reservations.

Almost forgot! On the 14th, The park is offering a full pulled pork dinner with sides and a drink, if you guys want in on it. The meal tickets are a few bucks each. I am waiting on a call back for the exact price on it and will post up as soon as I hear back.

Hi everybody. I'm planning on trucking up North to meet yall out at SMOOR for Saturday from Dallas to have a good time. I will be coming out in my Explorer, but will not be wheeling it since it currently sits bone stock.

I was wondering if anybody has any open seats for the organized Saturday trail runs they don't mind giving up to a couple well behaved, Explorer-fans, America-loving college students.:) I just need a seat for myself and my friend. We don't mind being split up too if that happens.

We are also free labor and don't mind getting dirty to help dig out, wade through mud to set up winch lines, be a spotter, help with mechanical repair on the trail, etc.:)

I am also a good spotter and am familiar with all the suspension points of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Explorers.

We can also bring along a mid-sized cooler of your preferred drinks and sodas on ice for the trail too!:)

I will also be bringing my camera and will document the trip well.

Please let me know.

Michael Hibbard

Somebody be a nice person and give these guys a seat, there coming all the way from Dallas! Thats awesome!

I got the word on the meal. For $7.00 you get a giant pulled pork bbq sandwich, pit beans, side salad, roll, a drink, and a desert. :)

If you all could give me a yay or nay I can get a head count to let them know how much to prepare for us. So, if you want in on this, let me know ASAP. :thumbsup:

I'll be there, but the mountaineer is no longer coming. Some asshat decided to run a red light tonight. I saw them coming and cranked the wheel hard left to spin out and miss him. Luckily the car didn't hit me, but I hit a curb hard. I was going 40mph when I cranked the wheel and slammed into the curb. One of the wheels broke on me, the tire seems to be ok though. So now the money that was going to pay for fuel to smorr is going to go towards a new wheel instead.:(

That sucks, at least you won't have to clean it again.

Greg count me in for dinner.

I plan on trying to get their around lunch time on Friday or a little after.

Mmmmm...count us down (thats 2) for some pulled pork action.

Also its looking like Friday night is possible. The wifey managed to get friday off, so now the ball's in my court. Sure would make for an awesome weekend and maybe even enough time to cruise the main road or a few easy trails before mixing it up with everyone saturday!

We'll probably pick a primitive site a lil away from the main group. We bring our pup with us everywhere. She's very mild mannered by gets spooked at night if someone's too close to the tent. Not a big deal, but dont want to cause any drama. She's our little furry trail child and seems to enjoy the ride as much as we do.

Cant wait!!!

I'm sitting in North Carolina right now, woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! But I will be there!! Either friday evening or early Sat morning, depends on who joins me. Looking forward to seeing everyone, if for some reason I dont bring passenger. I will have 1 seat that anyone can ride in if your brave enough. LOL

Somebody be a nice person and give these guys a seat, there coming all the way from Dallas! Thats awesome!

I got the word on the meal. For $7.00 you get a giant pulled pork bbq sandwich, pit beans, side salad, roll, a drink, and a desert. :)

If you all could give me a yay or nay I can get a head count to let them know how much to prepare for us. So, if you want in on this, let me know ASAP. :thumbsup:

ay!

count the wife and I in for the bbq dinner

:mad:

Unfortunatly, I will have to cancel on next weekend. Long story short, I have to finish the motor swap in shade so i have a running, reliable-esque vehicle since I have sold Indy. With work I have been doing for other folk's explorer's, I haven't had time to finish Shade, and If I want transportaion come the following weeks, I need to finish it. I'm sorry guys I cannot attend, but If Dan is going, just as good! Greg, im only 6 hours away, so next time you organize a run, ill be right there with yea :p:

Thanks, and I am sorry

Unfortunatly, I will have to cancel on next weekend. Long story short, I have to finish the motor swap in shade so i have a running, reliable-esque vehicle since I have sold Indy. With work I have been doing for other folk's explorer's, I haven't had time to finish Shade, and If I want transportaion come the following weeks, I need to finish it. I'm sorry guys I cannot attend, but If Dan is going, just as good! Greg, im only 6 hours away, so next time you organize a run, ill be right there with yea :p:

Thanks, and I am sorry

Unfortunately, Russell,that makes two of us. The finances just didn't come together like I wanted and the Ram still needs a bit of work. I'll try and come next year, but with this run being 18 hours and two states north, it'll still take a bit of doin. :(

???

Thanks, and I am sorry
:( All those rigs and none reliable. Damn.
Unfortunately, Russell,that makes two of us. The finances just didn't come together like I wanted and the Ram still needs a bit of work. I'll try and come next year, but with this run being 18 hours and two states north, it'll still take a bit of doin. :(
:( You were are last hope for a taped podcast at the park after Russ dropped out.

Myself and my son will eat some BBQ.

:thumbsup: 1st post updated with whos out, and who wants in on the BBQ dinner for Sat.

Inclue me and my friend for the dinner plans too.

Thanks for the offer Bronco2guy, if you have a seat available. Will anybody else have an empty seat on the trail? See my previous post for my offered bribes.:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Friday forecast:
Day highs 70*
Night lows 49*
Partly cloudy
Chance of rain 10%

Saturday Forecast:
Day highs 66*
Night lows 50*
Partly cloudy
Chance of rain 10%

Sunday Forecast:
Day highs 68*