SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not be able to attend, due to family illness. I have gotten my work to cancel my school for next week also. I just don't see being able to attend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may not be able to make it either. Because of all the "new" parts I am throwing at the truck I am not confident in making a 660 mile trip without a proper break-in period. Also money has gotten tighter around here. I really don't want to rush this and risk breaking something again.

Drop me down to a "maybe" gman. Sorry, but I felt I should be upfront about this. I'll update if anything changes.

Have we really been planning this for the last 4 months and im getting my locker installed 3 days before I leave? Wow procrastination is stressful!

Im trying to get truck ready it is almost fully wired, but fuel pump not kicking on? and lots of little details to tie up, also gotta hook up shifter and transfercase shifters. If today goes well, I might know more, if I can make it truck must be driveable by wed next week, so I can test it a little before bringing it that far.

Have we really been planning this for the last 4 months and im getting my locker installed 3 days before I leave? Wow procrastination is stressful!

YES we have been planning for months now!

I hope your install goes well. The way members have been dropping out for this, you would think a deadly epidemic has hit this meet. If the head count keeps dropping we might have to cancel the band. Not enough of us to cover the cost for them :(

No worries Ill be there, may not have all the stuff done that I had hoped but Ill be there.

I'm still planning on coming but it might be less fun if I'm stuck getting underneith to shift in to 4, its been way harder than ancticipated to track down a 4406 shifter and linkage. Possibly hitting up the dealer tomorrow to see how much damage they want to do to my wallet.

This thing is jinxed, I need a new coilover!! Still planning on it but it will be nip and tuck!

Day 1 of canvas top coonstruction went well. If he finishes up tomorrow, I will move on to the coil buckets and shock mounts, ball joints and u joints. Might just get my sliders built. hmmm, I know I am forgetting something.

Here's the deal in a nutshell guys. I have to be blunt about this.

Were down to 10 confirmed members attending. This is not enough to cover the cost for the band. I have yet to receive a confirmation on a few members on the attending list. I can not count on anyone on the maybe list either.

How many guests are going to be with the Attending members, I have no idea whatsoever, and cant count on that as well.

The band is wanting $250 minimum for playing on Sat night. They normally charge $125/hour. They were willing to play for 3 hours at $250. I am going to cover the first $100 of that, and the rest coming from donations from the rest of us. So, $150/30 people is $5/ea. I didn't think that was to far stretched to achieve, or ask for from each of you for a night of entertainment. We had well over 30 people last year and 17 rigs.

I can not ask for each of you to kick in more. I can not afford to pick up the rest of it either. I will give this till Monday to make a decision on calling off the band or not. :(

Sorry for this post, but I really felt I needed to get this out in the open since so many has dropped out.

Here's the deal in a nutshell guys. I have to be blunt about this.

Were down to 10 confirmed members attending. This is not enough to cover the cost for the band. I have yet to receive a confirmation on a few members on the attending list. I can not count on anyone on the maybe list either.

How many guests are going to be with the Attending members, I have no idea whatsoever, and cant count on that as well.

The band is wanting $250 minimum for playing on Sat night. They normally charge $125/hour. They were willing to play for 3 hours at $250. I am going to cover the first $100 of that, and the rest coming from donations from the rest of us. So, $150/30 people is $5/ea. I didn't think that was to far stretched to achieve, or ask for from each of you for a night of entertainment. We had well over 30 people last year and 17 rigs.

I can not ask for each of you to kick in more. I can not afford to pick up the rest of it either. I will give this till Monday to make a decision on calling off the band or not. :(

Sorry for this post, but I really felt I needed to get this out in the open since so many has dropped out.

Don't stress out over a band Gregg. Yeah, it would be cool, and it did make last years trip unique, but the main reason to be there is wheeling and hanging out.
Just my 02.

Don't stress out over a band Gregg. Yeah, it would be cool, and it did make last years trip unique, but the main reason to be there is wheeling and hanging out.
Just my 02.

Thanks. I'm just being a realist here is all.

Hanging out, and wheeling is definitely the driving force, I understand that completely. I didn't want to change a thing from last years meet, since it went so well.

How's the saying go? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

I'll toss in $50 for the show!!:cool:

This thing is jinxed, I need a new coilover!! Still planning on it but it will be nip and tuck!

What happened? Something go wrong installing the new coils?

Sparksaflyin, that is very generous of you to kick in that amount for the band. That leaves $100 to raise by Monday :)

I will be picking up a used manual trans this Sunday. Just too bad it is going to take the entire day to retrieve it. I might skip going to KOH @ Smorr, and yank out the bad trans instead on Saturday. That will give me time after work next week to do the conversion and have the Black Hole ready for our meet. Hopefully the clutch & slave are good to go (crosses fingers) :thumbsup:

They are good slave cylinder is like new less than 3,x.. miles, clutch didnt slip, I think if you yank youtr old tranny Sat, that will be a headstart, you have plenty of time to get it ready to install.

No worries Ill be there, may not have all the stuff done that I had hoped but Ill be there.

Same, whether I get the shackles on before I go or not or find some tires, whichever, I will still be there. I'm in it to have fun, meet & greet, wheelin, etc.

P.S. I bet if we had a wet T-shirt contest more would show up, haha!

I 2nd the wet t-shirt contest but finding Participants my be the hard part?

What happened? Something go wrong installing the new coils?

Yea siezed spanner nut, working on getting another one. I may not make it till Saturday afternoon, but I am not giving up, keep me on the confirmed list.

If all else fails the diesel will haul my butt down, anybody got an extra seat?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are good slave cylinder is like new less than 3,x.. miles, clutch didnt slip, I think if you yank youtr old tranny Sat, that will be a headstart, you have plenty of time to get it ready to install.
Thats good! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hopefully I can do this without a tranny jack :rolleyes:

Yea siezed spanner nut, working on getting another one. I may not make it till Saturday afternoon, but I am not giving up, keep me on the confirmed list.

If all else fails the diesel will haul my butt down, anybody got an extra seat?

Meh, you can swap out a coilover fast enough. See you & Blue there for some wheeling! ;)

Worse comes to worse, we will find a seat for you, but I really hope that doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back