DSC00670.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 4,085
  • DSC00671.jpg
    DSC00671.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4,057
  • DSC00672.jpg
    DSC00672.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 8,233

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay, I gotta ask, cause there was a sexy rear axle on this thing at the beginning, what's the big difference between these two axles? Also, I know there is a full floating 9" kit out there, I just can't justify changing to it but if I were swapping in a new axle I like what I hear about full floating axles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The new one is wider.

wow, and I liked the old one...so much maybe I'll try to pick it up on the used market and make a 6x6.

I was staring at them trying to decide if the new one was wider.
The cool part about a Paul B project is there there are lots of like new extra parts from all the design changes that usually end up on our trucks for very reasonable prices.;):D:)

okay, I gotta ask, cause there was a sexy rear axle on this thing at the beginning, what's the big difference between these two axles? Also, I know there is a full floating 9" kit out there, I just can't justify changing to it but if I were swapping in a new axle I like what I hear about full floating axles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

YES.....Wider MO-BETTA...no full floater, the first housing was not intended to have C/O's so I needed another 6" O/A. Plus the new plate housings are nice looking. The old housing is up for sale (BRIAN) if anyone is interested 63" flang to flang and 35 spline with X brake offset. Axles are drilled both 5 on 4.5 and 5 on 5.5 pattern. It has upper tabs I can remove if needed other than that it is a bear housing with bracing.

the cool part about a paul b project is there there are lots of like new extra parts from all the design changes that usually end up on our trucks for very reasonable prices.;):d:)

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]
That axle is so pretty, it should be mounted on the wall.
You should at least powercoat it silver to show it off.

That axle is so pretty, it should be mounted on the wall.
You should at least powercoat it silver to show it off.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty partial to a red powder coat! Silver is nice, but red yells: LOOK AT ME!

Chillax, I'm sure Winter has it all covered.

If a design change needs to be done, then I'm sure he'll make it. If not, then instead he'll spend the day carving Mammoth :)
:D

That housing is bad ass!!

The cool part about a Paul B project is there there are lots of like new extra parts from all the design changes that usually end up on our trucks for very reasonable prices.;):D:)

I have no idea what your talking about!:p:

37.jpg

Stic-o it fits perfect and good thing their only 37's.....He he....

Colin thanks for the Vid.....I like, great intro.....

that was are old apartment, but luckly with 37's it's still garage friendly.

Thanks for going to 40's:D

that was are old apartment, but luckly with 37's it's still garage friendly.

Thanks for going to 40's:D
Yeah, see, Steve knows what I am talking about!

Heck, lets see; Front coils, lift brackets, radius arms, ARB and compressor, all from a Paul B truck...Thanks Paul!

YOUR WELCOME!!!!!!! Will probably have a Garage Sale after the truck is done, but don't ask me when that will be. Will keep you posted!!!

Been a little while since we posted some progress picture's. Still working on the rear tire carrier mount. The first picture is a mock up of the Latch Pin in place, before it is welded onto the tube of the carrier.

The second one is of the notch out Delrin Stop.

And the third one is of the latch pin welded onto the carrier and the locking postion. Pull the pin up to release the gate.

A couple of more item's to be added on yet before it is finish.

DSC00879.JPG

DSC00881.JPG

DSC00880.JPG

Winter, where did you get the tall jack stands? I could use a set of those...

Pure bad-a... It's great how everything looks... Are you building this all in your garage or like a small shop? Love the rear bumper and the front bumper. I didnt get a chance to look at all the photos but are you going to be adding a like stinger hoop to the front bumper? For those steep descents.

Winter, where did you get the tall jack stands? I could use a set of those...

Hey Rick, I got the stands at my local welding supply store. They are know as Pipe Stands and are rated around 3000 lbs. Mcmaster-carr has them as well. (www.mcmaster.com)

Back