2/1974-4/2015 RIP
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Freeland, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 SAS X, 94 3000GT VR-4
**ECX MEMBERS PLEASE READ IF ATTENDING APRIL 20-21 RUN AT PARAGON **

Im trying to get a feel as to what type of trails everyone is interested in so we can plan this out before we actually get to Paragon, so we wont be stuck in the staging area planning around other peoples day, and more time out enjoying it!

Here is the Paragon web site:
www.paragonap.com
go to the "maps" section and check out the trail ratings, the vote on what you would like.

There are going to be a few "stockers" or just some people that dont want to scratch their truck. So naturally we will be starting out on easier trails, on the same note, Im sure that some people (excluding me) will want to get into something a little more challenging, it all depends on the comfort level of each driver.

So to accomodate everyones taste, lets get a plan together for the weekend. If you didnt hear, Paragon is going "Guidless" as of April, but Im sure you can still get one if needed.

So lets get all attendees opinion on this, its really important to plan ahead so we can all enjoy the weekend.

Thanx and looking foward to seeing a $417load of explorers there!

EDIT Chris, just editing this in so it can be up at the top with the poll. Remove it if you don't want it here.
These are my (yob_yeknom) definitions based on my experience of the park of the ratings for an Explorer, not the Paragon ratings for a Jeep or big truck. These should better reflect what an Explorer may need to tackle the different trail ratings.
YELLOW easy as can be, anyone can do them in 2wd
GREEN levels 1 & 2 stockers should be able to handle them without much (if any) trouble, 31" tires should make them easy
GREEN level 3 & BLUE level 1 31" tires needed, small lift (tt/shackles)recommended, rear locker or limited slip would help but not necessary
BLUE levels 2 & 3 at least 31" tires if not 32's or 33's, small lift necessary if not more, rear locker or limited slip strongly recommended

BLACK you better be a big dawg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I plan and going on level 1 and 2 for the trip
Because the rig is not yet ready for anything bigger

i just checked paragon's site and the calendar for april says that we are scheduled for the 13-14th, is that right? doesnt matter which weekend it is to me, i just thought i read somewhere that it was the 20-21st.

Date is the 20-21st of April!! Kyle@Paragon and I have that straightened out, but I guess it hasn't gotten to the calendar yet. I sent him an e-mail this morning telling him about the date issue on the calendar.

As for the trail levels we REALLY need to hear from everyone going about their capabilities/experience. Chris, Karol and I have the most time on the trails at Paragon, so we are pretty familiar with the trails and can sit down and plan this out ahead of time so we don't waste trail time talking about where to go. Please let Chris or Myself know asap so we can be ready to roll.

jeff, what is the classification of the trails anyway, i remember reading about the diffrent trails somewhere before. i know i'll try anything once but what all is needed to get onto the level 3 trails? the only thing that i see myself missing is a locker

bigcheck, go to www.paragonap.com , then click on the "map" section at the bottom, there you will find just about all the info your looking for.

I should be good for up to green 3 and blue 1 trails, maybe even blue 2 if a feel froggy enough to jump. :)

Jeff and Chris--that map didn't do much for me cause i would like to have seen some of the trails, but i'll what ever Jeff does. We have about the same mods and i think i'm pretty capable of everything my truck can handle and i also know when to call it quits!

Happy trails!!

Hey Chris, whaddya wanna do about a guide?? Kyle is asking about it, and for 1 or 2 days. Do we wanna forgo having a guide since you've been thru the course, and we have several of us who have been there a couple of times before??

Jeff, I think the whole guide thing will depend on how many different trails everyone wants to go on, Im sure you and I, and other people will want to hit some harder ones later on, while others will want to stay on easier trails, Ill give you a call tonight and we can discuss this further..... that ok?

I'll probably hang with you lizardtrac if you don't mind. We are close mod wise and since you've been there I'll trust your judgement. I have been offroading for years so I have the experience. Like I said in the other thread, I could do all blue levels and maybe black, but I have to see those first.

Matt

I'm good for the level 1 and level 2 trails.

OK, now that I got my crap taken care of, Im sure were missing a few attendees.....

THIS INFO IS IMPORTANT ....... WE NEED ALL ATTENDEES INPUT ON THIS......

thanx.....

ALL attendees, huh? LOL

So Paragon's not having guides anymore? What if someone has a breakdown their first time there with no experienced people on the team? Sounds dopey to me, but hey, if it saves money, I guess :rolleyes:

I vote to take the stocker trails first (Yellow 1 and/or Green 1) and let everbody get warmed up, the we stop back at the staging area and drop off the Explorers that aren't big enough to tackle the Green 2 and up. If the 'BIG DAWGS' don't mind the rest of us tagging along in their rigs, of course.

However you guys want to work it is fine by me....my X will end up in the staging area one way or another ;) I'd just like to fling a little mud before that happens, though.

Not a bad idea Spas, might have to take that into consideration, i hear ya about the mud slinging first!!:D

Happy trails!!

Anyone interested in an easier, less chance of body damage trip check this out for my possible plans.
Dead Link Removed
Let me know what you think.

I need this info from everyone!

OK, were gettin far here, below is a list I got from JDraper (Jeff), I have PM'ed everyone on the list with some questions pertaining to the 20-21st run at Paragon. Please get those answers back to me asap so Jeff and I can plan out the weekend and not have to plan it out the day of. One main thing......
I NEED TO KNOW HOW IS DEFINITLY IN AND HOW IS DEFINITLY NOT GOING.

JDraper IN
Lizardtrac IN
ExplorerEB96 possible
yob_yeknom IN
Keith IN
BigCheck IN
Tarheel
Venumb possible
Backwoods
Spas-(ride along) IN
WillieChu IN
SteveVB
2001ExpSport IN
Oharens IN
Jot017 IN
Parli22 IN
Namitey IN

Thanx in advance for your help.

Chris

Put me in for a possible because of school and the easiest trails , this isn't gonna be my first time off road but the first in a park so I wanna start easy if I can make it :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't wait to see all the exploers that are going to be there, I am already going with a truck club from home so I will look for you guys there

Back