CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...he hasn't comitted yet but he is thinking about it...:D

I got a e-mail from Gil today, he's not going to make it.:(

We normally do a Sunday morning run, but almost everyone is taking off by noon to beat the traffic home.

Ahhh yea, but the last 2 Sundays have not been uneventfull:roll:

Colin, since this is my first time out with the rig since I rolled mark me down as a newbie:D

Looks like we'll have perfect weather for next weekend!!!!:bounce:

Salton City, CA

Fri.
Sunny
Hi 80
Lo 52

Sat
Sunny
Hi 81
Lo 53

Sun
Sunny
Hi 80
Lo 52

...happy gilmore stopped by to drop off my new performance mod and he might even trailer his rig out on friday ...;)

NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE! :D

Well the bad news is that my wife has to leave tonightf or Brazil for a family emergency, but the good news is that my wife had to leave for Brazil........ :confused: Plus I had to cancel my training trip to Sacramento because I need to stay home for Sarah, so I can get out to Truckhaven earlier than I prieviously thought.
Every cloud does have a silver lining.:p:

Well, i'm gonna get out there saturday night, have a few beers, and shoot all i can sunday morning....

I will be heading out there friday afternoon. I will be leaving around 2pm if everything goes well. I got my front gears today and my front shock mounts. Now just to put them in. :D I am gona head to harbor frieght to pick up a highlift jack for the truck tomorrow. I am working as hard as I can to get the truck ready for next weekend. :confused:

Can you believe some chick emailed me today and wants me to shoot a wedding ceremony that sunday? I think i'm gonna shoot that one down unless they throw a lot of money at me....

Can you believe some chick emailed me today and wants me to shoot a wedding ceremony that sunday? I think i'm gonna shoot that one down unless they throw a lot of money at me....

There's always the Thanksgiving run...hope to have my junk up and running for that one myself.

So looks like we're having base camp off N. Marina, I have a few friends that want to come out so i'll tell them where we'll be. Let's see I've got one friend coming out with a full sized Bronco on 33's, Tim from OC with his TJ on 33's and another friend with a dirt bike but he'll be going off on his own to ride.
These are all maybe's at this point but i'm still coming out Fri. afternoon sometime:thumbsup:

ok, i know this is kind of odd, but i acttualy think we'll be ready for the run! :D

100_2503.jpg

Have fun guys, it appears I made a good decision to not come with the fire on I-5..

There is always the 101 way. :D It might be a bit of a detour though.:rolleyes:

There is always the 101 way. :D It might be a bit of a detour though.:rolleyes:

"bit" is an understatement. All major detours around this are not "bit". The other major route is hwy5 to bakersfield, then hwy58 to I15, then down..

are we gonna get a cool little map showing were we're camping, like we had last trip?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Detail for when you get there (click for larger image):

Back