If your gonna do it then do it BIG | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

If your gonna do it then do it BIG

Went to work last night ended up doing a different route than the one I normally do but I thought no problem but then this happen..........

Welp it was bound to happen sooner or later I had a little accident this morning
on Interstate 8 near Stanfield AZ was driving along when I accidently dozed behind the wheel and ran off the highway and put her in the ditch at 65 MPH
eek.gif

here a couple of pics I took at the scene.....

I am not hurt, truck, trailer and load survived with minimal damage. Attached Images
188d1201372568-well-if-your-gonna-f-up-then-do-big-01-26-08_0720.jpg
189d1201372568-well-if-your-gonna-f-up-then-do-big-01-26-08_0723.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks RJ
yea this one was not nearly as bad as the one i had 1/28/1999.:eek: This one was a Fatality Accident that happen in Kansas.

Glad it didn't turn out that way again.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You just couldn't ignore that desire to test you big rig off-road could you?

In all seriousness, good thing you're okay. I've been a volunteer firefighter for almost 8 years and between the two depts I've belonged to have covered parts of I-80 and the PA Turnpike. Therefore I've seen quick a few 18 wheeler accidents, could've been much worse.

As far as the tow bill goes, it's not as bad as some places, I know the local tow company here charges $4000 to bring their big wrecker out. :eek:

You just couldn't ignore that desire to test you big rig off-road could you?

In all seriousness, good thing you're okay. I've been a volunteer firefighter for almost 8 years and between the two depts I've belonged to have covered parts of I-80 and the PA Turnpike. Therefore I've seen quick a few 18 wheeler accidents, could've been much worse.

As far as the tow bill goes, it's not as bad as some places, I know the local tow company here charges $4000 to bring their big wrecker out. :eek:

Ha HA I now know the flex sucks on it. I gave a good shot trying to drive it out but it was not going anywhere without a little help.:D

I am sure you have a seen a few bad ones just like i have when i was driving over the road and it never a good thing!

What time is the big meeting tomorrow?

Dunno right now I am still in Casa Grande AZ at the Hotel waiting for the Boss to tell me how I am getting back home:(.

He originally had set up another driver to come by here and pick me up and head home. but that fell through so i have wait till tommorrow to see what happens.

Major bummer... glad you're OK though... Hopefully it will be a slap on the wrist, and maybe some paycheck dockage to cover the damage/expenses at worst.

I'm curious though: Why the skid marks on the road? It looks like it was a real sharp swerve into the ditch, not a gradual slide off to the side like I would have expected....

-Joe

Cause that the end of the accident what the pictures show well is the begginging of the accident. I drfited off the road was fully in the dirt going straight when i "woke" up then i hit a bump or something in the dirt which shot the truck back to the left back on to the highway. I was heading towards the median when i turned it back towards the right to straighten it out. and get it pointed in the right direction when the truck decided to whip to the right 90 degrees to the trailer and then I skidded back off the road sideways back into the median. where it finally stopped.

in all this I managed to miss a guardrail a fence and several signs

in this photo look in the back ground this is another DPS officers car next to a guard rail. Well this is where the accident started and the truck is probably 10ft behind me. to sum it up better the whole event took place within' 1/2 mile

01-26-08_0748.jpg

...so how did the meeting go...are you home yet...:scratch:

No i am still in AZ they had set up a ride home over the weekend but it fell through so the meeting has'nt happen yet......get ready to call the boss the shortly.......

Good luck:thumbsup:

talked to the boss and guess there sending an extra driver out tonight to pick up my truck and drive it back so I guess I will be headed home in AM.

Oh man i just seen this cyber. Glad you are ok and didnt get hurt. We all know it could have been a lot worse on you.

wow! I just saw this too! I hope all goes well man, send us an update when you can!

If you mind me asking, what were you transporting? Was it a heavy load?

wow glad your ok ,hope the meeting goe's well

He carries auto parts, so I'm sure the load was heavy if he was loaded. Either way, I'm sure that was a hell of a piece of driving to not put that big sucker on it's lid!

Do you normally run that light???

I wish you the best with your meeting, and if for some strange reason your still stuck out there thurs. let me know and I'll come get you...

Yeah, that seems kinda light. But I don't know much about all this. Seems light though.

Do you normally run that light???

I wish you the best with your meeting, and if for some strange reason your still stuck out there thurs. let me know and I'll come get you...

Yeah, that seems kinda light. But I don't know much about all this. Seems light though.

yeah our loads don't weight that much cause we are hauling alot of body panels and small parts heaviest thing we do haul are engines and transmissions
but we only get a few on any given load and some days none at all.

Appreciate the offer Boomer but i should be outta here tomorrow AM guess the extra driver is gonna save his hours to drive back right away.

So hopefully I will be back home by lunch time tomorrow

Back