If your gonna do it then do it BIG | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

If your gonna do it then do it BIG

Went to work last night ended up doing a different route than the one I normally do but I thought no problem but then this happen..........

Welp it was bound to happen sooner or later I had a little accident this morning
on Interstate 8 near Stanfield AZ was driving along when I accidently dozed behind the wheel and ran off the highway and put her in the ditch at 65 MPH
eek.gif

here a couple of pics I took at the scene.....

I am not hurt, truck, trailer and load survived with minimal damage. Attached Images
188d1201372568-well-if-your-gonna-f-up-then-do-big-01-26-08_0720.jpg
189d1201372568-well-if-your-gonna-f-up-then-do-big-01-26-08_0723.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...how did it go??...:bounce:

Not too good gave em a call and everything was find till they asked why I was not working told then about the accident and got "Sorry we can't help you"

Well it looks like from all the other recruiters are saying I guess I am done with trucking but not by my choice, hmmm gonna have to look into another career I guess.

Find out more tomorrow about retraining for a new career when I put in my personal visit with the unemployment dept tomorrow.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

....awww man, sorry to hear this...:(....maybe it's for the best and you can find a job that will let you wheel more often and work less...:D

Yea i need to hit the lottery No work and wheel all the time :D

...i heard no one hit the big one so i might play so i can get up some money for another project truck...:D

:(:(:(

Update

If things could not get any worse. They did today I got a letter from the Unemployment Dept. saying I was denied for unemployment:fire: and still no job on the horizon either.

Of Course I already filled out and sent back the appeal form to appeal the decision.

and oh yeah to make it even better the Tax Man came by last week and hit me with a summons for back taxes too.

it just gets better and better for me.:(

Have you looked in to part time jobs/temporary until you can get a full time regular job?

....sorry to hear that...:(

Hey sorry to here about this cyber good luck with your search hopefully it all works out for you!!!!

Have you looked in to part time jobs/temporary until you can get a full time regular job?

Yea i have been out looking for anything right now. Heck I even applied to Target for a job:rolleyes: nothing yet

I wouldn't have thought that you'd have any trouble- drivers are in heavy demand in my area, especially if you are willing to go OTR.

yea drivers are in demand when they don't have serious accidents on thier records. and of course it does'nt help when you have a company bad mouthing you about it :(

Well to add a little closure to this little saga as a few of you already know I finally got a new job that I started last night after a month and half "vacation"
;)

I now work a company called Naked Juice located in Azusa CA working on the production line no more driving for me for awhile(?). but aww well it nice to get back to work again and soon getting a paycheck again.

now i am off to soothe my tired and aching muscles.:eek::rolleyes:

Great news!

Everybody here is having good luck lately, blueka also just got a job after being unemployed for some time, too!

Congrats on the new job Cybergasm. Hope it works out well for you. :)

Glad to hear the good news cyber. :thumbsup: Gotta fund all those mods to the ex and offroading somehow. :)

congrats Dave! when i was talkin to ya it sounded like you were really excited to get some money go wheelin again. hope to see you out on the trails again soon!!!!! :thumbsup:

yea i am excited even tho the work is grueling but i am adjusting to it slowly again. just not used to standing for 8+ hours a day.

So thats why the Zukman saw a familar rear bumper on a first gen explorer go by on the freeway in Azusa!!! Congrats on a job!

uh oh when did you spot me? :D

Back