If your gonna do it then do it BIG | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

If your gonna do it then do it BIG

Went to work last night ended up doing a different route than the one I normally do but I thought no problem but then this happen..........

Welp it was bound to happen sooner or later I had a little accident this morning
on Interstate 8 near Stanfield AZ was driving along when I accidently dozed behind the wheel and ran off the highway and put her in the ditch at 65 MPH
eek.gif

here a couple of pics I took at the scene.....

I am not hurt, truck, trailer and load survived with minimal damage. Attached Images
188d1201372568-well-if-your-gonna-f-up-then-do-big-01-26-08_0720.jpg
189d1201372568-well-if-your-gonna-f-up-then-do-big-01-26-08_0723.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

oh man, i keep checking this thread hoping to hear that you made it home

Well it's official now.......

I have been terminated by my Company for this accident.:(

Got home early this morning from AZ. and about an hour ago I received a Next Day Air Letter from HQ in Green Bay WI and it contained my final paycheck.

I guess the search for a new job begins now.

aww man, i was really really hoping i didn't hear that :(

sorry dave. hope you find something even better than your last job :thumbsup:

That's no good to hear. Any promising leads? Guessing not yet, but who knows.

Good luck with the search! Are you focusing more on another regular job, or on becoming an Amsoil dealer and getting that set up?

Yea right now I have a lead with a local company that a friend of mine works for.

other than that i guess I start searching around and see what I can find.......

oh yea i am probably gonna still get the Amsoil deal going too.

Worse comes to worse i guess i am gonna apply for a unemployment.

...aw man, that sucks...:(

Sorry to hear that man, well look at the bright side, ur not hurt nor is anyone else. While your waiting on the new job, get out there and Show that Ditch What your Explorer Can do!

Sorry to hear that. It's tough as a company driver these days. Most companies are so concerned about their insurance rates going up that even a very minor incident can put you out on the street.

Good luck finding another job. Most areas have a shortage of drivers, so hopefully you'll find something soon.

Good luck finding another job. Most areas have a shortage of drivers, so hopefully you'll find something soon.

Yeah i was out looking today and was finding a lot of for hire for drivers today so hopefully something will come my way soon.

Maybe there hope after all

Well i just got done today selling off some junk for cash today since i am still waiting on unemployment. And needed the money well my sister came home from work and got the mail today and this came outta the blue.

02-19-08_1853.jpg

02-19-08_1854.jpg

The text is a little hard to read but it says:
"Welcome to the CRST family Don't forget call me for you confirmation"

Hmmm maybe I have a job after all:scratch:
And it's kinda interesting too since this is the Company I got my start with in trucking. Hmmm maybe you can go home after all:cool:

I am gonna give em a call and see what happens tommorrow (fingers crossed)

...fingers crossed for ya and i'm hoping you get a big sign on bonus too...:D

:D Good luck!!

Thanks guys I hope this works out too. Unemployment was fun for awhile but it starting to suck now. :D

...how did it go??...:bounce:

Yeah Dave I hear ya, not working seems like it would be the best thing ever, then after about 3 weeks you get wondering about too many things....When I left my job a year and a half ago I found myself with plenty of things to do for about a month...then I found myself doing stupid stuff to kill time, such as waxing my car hauler trailer. I was like WTF I need to find something better to do.

Good Luck, hopefully get back on the road.

Back