Its that time. Im getting some paint. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Its that time. Im getting some paint.

Well i have been fixing some things lately and it is time for new paint. Its something we are going to do at the house. My dad used to paint for a while and is a all around mech. Its time.

Here is the deal. It has been primer for a year. I sanded it down a few weeks ago for new primer and i have decided to paint the explorer with some color this time. Not gonna spend a lot of money on it. No clear coat or anything. Im not fixing the dents because the min i do and get it all painted i will lay it over on a tree again and have a worse looking spot. From the trim on the doors down are staying black. They will be getting bed liner here in a few weeks. Im also going to do two black stripes down the center of the hood and roof section to do something different. I know someone has a green and white striped explorer so i like it.

This is the prob. I have been wanting orange but im not so sure. Im creating this thread to see what others think. I want the options. I know what i think i would want but i would like to see what others think to.

Here are some current pics.

100_2588.jpg

rear-end-down-again.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

#1. The stirpe goes across the top of the hood to match on the other side.

#2. Start the dual stripe and then come down to the side.

#3. the top view of the truck.

Maybe add a small pinstripe underneath the thick part.

Attachments

• Burnssidestripe.jpg
    Burnssidestripe.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 973
  • Burnssidestripedual.jpg
    Burnssidestripedual.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 939
  • burnsblackstripe.jpg
    burnsblackstripe.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 886
  • burnsblackstripe1.jpg
    burnsblackstripe1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 857

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Its like we have our own chip foose here! :) I was just waiting for you to chime in froader. i definitely like the second option more.

Its like we have our own chip foose here! :) I was just waiting for you to chime in froader. i definitely like the second option more.

I would give my left, no...yeah left nut to be able to draw like Foose. I can get it there but it would take me a couple of weeks probably. :)

Thanks though.

I like the last one I did the best with the little pinstripe following the big one. I think that's similar to what x92Exploder was describing too.

Yeah, I was trying to describe that but I thinking a little more rounded to where it comes down onto the side but squared don't look that bad neither.

Im liking it all so far. I would like to see what Jon requsted.

If i do i am going to take a explorer fourm sticker with ricks explorer look on it and make that show through in green.

The only problem with the torino job is the black at the bottom doesn't go all the way to the front wheel well like the explorer does. it wouldn't look right. I'll do it though.

True but i still got half a gallon of sublime green.

I could go on and on about how incredible he is at what he does, he has been the biggest influence on me in my aspirations to design cars. But ya, i like what x92exploder was describing.

With the torino scheme, there is a black center hood with a dual green black pistripe pattern going on, like around the side stripe-

the lettering in the stripe should say "BURNS" lol

Froader is good at what he does, I like this past paint scheme he just did :thumbsup:

It looks cool--
The torino has the center of the hood all black--on the explorer it would be the center raised section-surrounded by the green then black stripe--

Kind of like a mach 1 hood--or boss hood--

Colin Pics made me think of kinda a '70 Boss 302 think going on there;) :thumbsup:

Prohidney_Boss_302_800.jpg

]]]]]]]]]
BURNS
]]]]]]]]]​
:cool:

Theres a great way to get some advertisement for the forum. Just remember that taping a complex paint job off is gonna be a PITA.

Back