Need Help - All 92 Explorers PLEASE Respond | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help - All 92 Explorers PLEASE Respond

i have 109000 on mine auto hubs are junk,great gas mileage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

175,000 with original auto trans and motor. Crap gas mileage- 12 or 13.

I have 119,800 miles on mine and it gets 19-20 mpg

92 SPORT 4X4 150,000 MILES. REBUILT TRANNY AT 120,000 NO OTHER MAJOR PROBLEMS.

i have got 164000 in mine, with the original engine and tranny, im the second owner.

Milage 92 Explorer

I have 62,000 miles

i have 135k on mine and its great, need tranny soon

I have 91,000 on mine
go to www.traderonline.com and look up you vehicle, Than when you get a vehicle comparrison it will give you the average mileage.

I have a 92 2wd with 151,000 miles and it still runs strong.

120k on my x

i have about 160K miles. original engine and manual transmission. runs perfect. no leaks, and pretty good MPG.

Wow, My '92 Explorer is the low boy of the list.
I have 78K and change.
Good luck with project.
-dk

145,000 mils

tranny (auto a4ld)
just had it fully rebuilt and modified.
the engine was just droped in lastweekend
( a freasly gone over and slightly modded ,with headers 4.0 from a 94 Explorer with 67k on it)

I have a '91 with 188,000 and runs alright (got electrical problems, old wires). Need new heads (hard to fine in Guam) and the trany was just rebuilt last year (yes the first time).

I had 95K on my '92 before it went up in flames for no apparent reason! Hate to throw that at all you '92ers, but it did.

Ive got 185,000 on mine

Originally posted by morrisey0
I had 95K on my '92 before it went up in flames for no apparent reason!

Alright, well now we gotta hear the story...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright, well now we gotta hear the story...

No great story. It was one of my business Xs (I use 3). Got a call one Monday morning 7:30, it's one of my employees...."ummm Robb, you may want to get over here.....now". I show up at his place and find my way through the fire trucks to my, now two tone teal/black, X.

It was Jan. and my employee went out to start it, then went back in for about ten minutes. He came back out, got in, felt something warm around his feet, looked down and the underdash was glowing. He got out, called emergency #, and started filling buckets. It was no use.

Now the stupid part! The county line runs right through his yard, so firetrucks from 2 counties show up. They proceed to have a 10 debate on who is responsible before one of them break out a hose. They were literally having a debate while my guy is throwing buckets of H2O of the truck. IDIOTS!

So, when said and done. Everything in front of front seats is black and melted. My 3-day old Michelins are melted on the front wheels.

It worked out though. I ended up getting him a '94 with about half the miles with insurance money. The worst part was the approx. $10K worth of equipment in the back that was smoked-out and worthless! But that was insured also.

OK, so my no big story got a little long. There are pictures of it somewhere, but I have been unable to find them for about 6 months.

Exploder!

Robb

Back