Need Help - All 92 Explorers PLEASE Respond | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help - All 92 Explorers PLEASE Respond

At least nobody was hurt or anything. That's always good.

And by the way, I know what you mean about that whole county line issue. One of my friend's houses is like that, where half the property is in one county and the other half's in another. One day she needed a fire truck, so she called the Forsyth County FD and they said she needed to call the Fulton County FD, so she called the Fulton County FD and they told her to call the Forsyth County FD. After a couple rounds of this she called the state fire marshall or someone like that and threatened to rain high hell upon him if the fire didn't get put out. About 5 minutes after that there were trucks from both Forsyth and Fulton arriving :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

172,000 on mine...second owner...rebuild tranny at 134,000 and on 3rd clutch??

who's gunna put out this faar

:fire: Boy, this post lit a fire under my butt! I don't know how those mentioned fire companies operate, and whether or not they are volunteer, but the job of the fire service is to save lives and property, PERIOD.
Fire has no friends, and anyone who takes it lightly is a fool. As a 25 yr professional firefighter, you learn to put out the fire FIRST, then worry about the boundary lines later.
How anyone could call themselves a firefighter and stand there watching a fire burn without making an attempt to put it out is unconscionable. Those stories give the fire service a bad rap, and if it was my property involved, I would own that town when the dust finally cleared.
If they're worried about wasting money extinguishing a fire out of their jurisdiction, then they had better take a long, hard look at what they're there for. You can't put a dollar value on lives and property. Do you think they would react the same if it were THEIR property burning? I think not!
Thanks for hearing me out, but some things today need to be addressed. God Bless America, and remember 9/11.

I guess this is a little late, but 91k and original transmission, everything is stock.
danny

150,000 miles.

And as far as doing mod's tell your dad, that the resale value of a 92 is fairly small and any mod's that are done PROPERLY, will actually ADD value to the vehicle. Some Mod's may even make the vehicle handle better and safer on the road. Tell him you will do the labor to save money, but will have it checked by a qualified shop after words. Don't go over board with your mod's and research them first so that you don't have to do them twice as many of us have.

Also tell your father that if you modify your vehicle with YOUR money that I have found as with my boy's that they take better care of and have better driving habits, since it's their money not MINE, and that it will be their (your) money that fixes it.

Good Luck

PS: My 18 year old son has mad money on two vehicles he bought Modified and sold and is hoping to make enough money on a 3rd vehicle to purchase a new Ford F-150 SuperDuty, which he will most likely also modify.;)

Diablo5969,

Explorers are very, very plentiful and thus do not command a premium resale value. I would think that a well-maintained lower mileage vehicle would have a good value regardless of the modifications, up to a point.

Just my opinion.

Just to update the situation:

My parents have loosened up about mods. I've got a few on now, and will hopefully be getting 31" tires soon. This is no longer the argument I'm using, and all is well.

But it is interesting to see how many miles you guys all have on your '92s. My '94 seems so low with it's 91,000 :(

I've got 75,000 on my '91....yea '91 just thought I'd add mine

Just crossed 179,000 miles today. Runs like a top. Take care of your engine and it will take care of you. Not much to be done with the A4LD though...

mine is a 93 and it has 130,000 and am on my 2nd tranny otherwise its great

92 X, 2nd owner, 3rd tranny ?, 155K miles, needs minor work

I have a 124,000 and it runs GREAT.

60,000 tras rebuild twice cuz muddin.

just did my upper/lower intake gasket and valve cover gaskets. no more oil leaking and temp is a little lower. also i cured the acceleration hesitation problem! next is water pump/timing chain and later on the clutch. then i'm good till rebuild time

Back