• Register Today It's free!

New JP Explorer build

Wantvegas

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT (JP Build)
Hey Everyone, I’m not really new to this site, i have owned 3 other explorers, but now I’m starting a new project. Something i have wanted to do for years. I’m building a Jurassic park explorer.
So far I have a 1991 Eddie lined up to buy this week. I have already found some items to use for it, and I friend that I know is going to do the painting and body work.
I will be posting updates has I can, but if anyone has any advice or ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum:chug:

Here are a couple JP rigs from our site:JP:

Jurassicpark_001.jpg

Kris Guilbeax

IMG9928-L.jpg

Stic-O

...I myself think that each one would win..:D

..:scratch:..but the one who could truly duplicate the original JP (as the OP is suggesting) would rule supreme over the universe...:biggthump

tin-foil-hat.jpg

..Forgive me..:shifty_ey...I don't drink coffee and I'm a morning person..:bounce:

Perhaps we could do a lifetime "Elite" membership to one who builds (and records there build here), of a true duplicate to the original JP mobile..:dunno:

Here is some before pics of the explorer i just got.

Its a 99 (i know wrong year) XLT. Tan interior.

I dont think im going to paint it anymore, im think im going to have it Wrapped. I think that would be the easiest way to recreate the best look. What do you guys think?

Wish you luck:thumbsup: Wrapping it is a excellent idea;)

I would build a authentic one if someone paid me:D I just don't have room for another one....or really a need.

Ok, i got some new stuff.

Brush guard
Tail light guards
Lights for the brush guard
Side foot steps
Tan cargo cover
Some props (more pics to come on those)

Im still looking for a good set of roof lights, but i cant find any i like.

...I myself think that each one would win..:D

..:scratch:..but the one who could truly duplicate the original JP (as the OP is suggesting) would rule supreme over the universe...:biggthump

tin-foil-hat.jpg

..Forgive me..:shifty_ey...I don't drink coffee and I'm a morning person..:bounce:

Perhaps we could do a lifetime "Elite" membership to one who builds (and records there build here), of a true duplicate to the original JP mobile..:dunno:

:bsnicker::bsnicker::bsnicker: Wicked funny pic!

You know a wrap would definitely ensure a good look, but in some cases a full body wrap can cost as much if not more than a paint job.

Definitely looking forward to this project materializing.

I just got the qoute done for the wrap. Its not going to be too bad IF i can get some high res pics of the art work. I need the logo and the side art and really anything high res pics of the car. Anyone got anything?

..Looking forward to seeing the pics of the props..:popcorn:

Disclaimer:..The picture is not of me or mine and..

Perhaps we could do a lifetime "Elite" membership to one who builds (and records there build here), of a true duplicate to the original JP mobile..

..Is merely a suggestion on my part as I have no actual powers to grant such..:D

...as for the lights...The ones from HF in this link might be of some help..:dunno:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203037

The explorer is getting wraped next week! yay! Im getting most of the parts for it in the mail tomorrow. By x-mas this thing should be done. Its going to look great!

It's OK, we all know I am going to be the first one to have a bubble top JPX of the forum :D I haz secret info regarding the making of it, muwahaha...

Also, I am in the process of obtaining the VIN's from the original movie cars....That, in combination with my access to super duper secret ford documents, I can locate an exact replica of the exact model they used so I can build a replica out of my replica of the real thing...:confused:

It's OK, we all know I am going to be the first one to have a bubble top JPX of the forum :D I haz secret info regarding the making of it, muwahaha...

Also, I am in the process of obtaining the VIN's from the original movie cars....That, in combination with my access to super duper secret ford documents, I can locate an exact replica of the exact model they used so I can build a replica out of my replica of the real thing...:confused:

You may as well purchase the rights to the 1st Gen body and start producing them man.:thumbsup:

You may as well purchase the rights to the 1st Gen body and start producing them man.:thumbsup:

LOL, trust me, it's not like I havent tried hunting down the original stamping plates. I did find an automated robot for sale once from louisville assembly plan during the 90's...250,000 dollars though was a little steep:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm moving this thread to the Modified 1995-2001 forum.

Back