Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Its time to begin out Monthly Nomination for out Truck of the Month. The them will be"on the trail - the best shot of your rig running your favorite trail."

It can be anything from a simple trail to a hard turning off camber situation. It is up to you.

You will until the end of the month to get some pictures in.

Don't forget:

Announcement will be made describing the TOTM theme. Members will then have a 4 week period of time to post there submission. (For example: On 08/01 a thread will be started for the nominations. On 09/01 you will have 5 days to vote on the previous submissions (date will vary depending on when the 1st is). This way each winning member will receive a month to be the TOTM.)

One picture per member.

Anyone is welcome to submit a picture (Admins, Mods, & Members).

You may change your pictures if you like. Just do it before the time is up.

All entries must be of a Ford Explorer, Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Mazda Navajo, Ect. Go by the what the forum is for guys. Please don’t post pictures of your non-RBV's as your submission. There will be special times for you to do that.

You may submit any picture of anyones rig that is on this forum. (UPDATED 05/08/2012) Hope this helps you out.

Also do not Photoshop your rig to make it better but you can blank the license plate if you wish.

There will be a thread for submissions in which three pictures will be chosen at random. Then these three pictures will be put into a "Final Voting Thread" in which the entire forum will be able to choose this months winner. This ramdom voting will be done by giving each picture a number that I will know only. Then I will "PM" a random member here and have them choose three numbers from the list that will be given to them. The numbers will not be linked to their post number.

We will begin voting on the October winner on the 1st.

Also do not forget that the September winner was Xeek's 1991. Click Here.

Thanks guys,
Burns

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's my submission.:salute:

photo5.jpg

Near Lake Mathews, CA

soooo many pics to choose from:eek:i might change this one after i go through all them but this is one of my favorite.its up in the mountains in VA,in the George Washington National Forest(shoe creek):D
O he hasnt figured out how to drive yet but he will start honking the horn if you leave him in there to long!!lol:D
5C8C162C-D189-4881-A2AE-754D2B530403.jpg

Hello I hope this attacemt worked. Stave lake, Mission British Colbia Canada. Didnt look.that deep and the truck never stalled. Had :exp:a lot of fun in this hole.

Attachments

• 2012-08-06 11.04.54.jpg
    2012-08-06 11.04.54.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 850

picture.php

Wish i could get it to clear up a bit, but this is by far my favorite pic of my explorer

Here's mine. I'm also in the mountains of GW National Forest but this is Peters Mill Run in Front Royal VA.

IMG_0887.jpg

Rocky Mountain High

My TOTM nomination: Awesome photo Luke! I can feel the thin air...:thumbsup:

theluke19
Elite SportTrac'er
Denver, Co

IMG_1483_tonemapped.jpg

Luke
-2005 Sport Trac 4x4 - 3" PA BL / 33"x12.5"x15 DuraTrac's - Tinted Taillights - Reverse Light Manual Override -

FINALLY completed My Registry!
theluke19 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

(file was too large to upload, if there's a way to post the photo directly; please let me know!)

Awesome pic, Rick. Brochure quality! :thumbsup:

Awesome pic, Rick. Brochure :exp:quality! :thumbsup:

Agreed Joe! All the credit goes to Luke, he's the photographer owner, me; just the nominat-or...

I'm nominating his photo for TOTM. It's a pro-class photo for sure!

Looks photoshoped to me:(or some type of affect was used when taken

I nominate Stico on the now closed section of Rincon
Apr2004.jpg

Looks photoshoped to me:(or some type of affect was used when taken

its HDR. 3+ pictures at different exposures combined to get all the details between them all to show up in one pic pretty much. depending on camera technology these days, it may not be 'photoshopped' lol.

id add a pic of mine but ill give other people more of a chance. this is Wills05XLT4x4 at GWNF last year. pic taken by me
DSC_2550-.jpg

My TOTM nomination: Awesome photo Luke! I can feel the thin air...:thumbsup:
Awesome pic, Rick. Brochure quality! :thumbsup:
Thanks Rick, and Joe!!!

its HDR. 3+ pictures at different exposures combined to get all the details between them all to show up in one pic pretty much. depending on camera technology these days, it may not be 'photoshopped' lol.

Bingo - Some shots turn out pretty good in HDR- On that note, I'll go ahead pay it forward, and nominate 2TimingTom with this picture from Peak10 in Breckenridge, CO (which climbs to 13,402 ft. !)

IMG_1759_tonemapped.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My rig at Coal Creek.
DSC_1322.jpg

Back