Tow Hook Installation Instructions (Warning: 8 Images to download) | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tow Hook Installation Instructions (Warning: 8 Images to download)

i haven't done side pulling but i have been pulled and have towed forward like straight on w/o any damage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine came with a big hook on the front of it;)

i have got to do this..i have some tow hook's from a blazer..they would look awasome on my x!! thank's!

where can one purchase some threaded plates...or is there a way to make them?

Wow, this lives!

Threaded plates? Explain? or do you mean spacers? My spacers were steel from a scrap yard that was cut to size and drilled. As long as you have a saw that can cut through thick steel and a drill bit that can bore through it, you're set.

well today i went to a you-pull-it style junkyard and nabbed some towhooks off an old blazer. i have a 99 sport with the big front bumper..i think it is called the sport apperence package. (the big grey bumper) so when i went to look where to mount the hooks i encounterd (sp?) two problems (a) because the bumper is so large, the tow hooks would no be easy to get too once mounted (b) there is a platic shroud i believe covering the radiator that is also in the way.
has anyone installed towhooks on this model explorer, and if so can you please post pics so i can get an idea of what i need to do.
thanks alot
Davis

Back