Truck is down, Need it back Asap. Please help! | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck is down, Need it back Asap. Please help!

I don't know that my leads are going to able to reach both ends of the wire

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Simple, you get a piece of wire however long you need that you know is good.

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

Is this where I should be checking?

Not experienced with wiring at all

The wires for the VSS, for mine at least, are grey/black and pink/orange. You can check right at the VSS to be sure. If you cant find them in that bundle, they go right into the PCM.

Just being honest here, but it seems to me that you don't have the time or the skills to fix this yourself. I don't mean that in a bad way at all, but there are 12+ pages on this forum and the truck has made little progress. I think you should look at getting another vehicle unless you can pay someone to fix it.

...I know the suggestion of getting a Haynes manual for your vehicle has been mentioned a couple times before.

A lot of the testing procedures are spelled out in the Haynes manual along with individual item testing and including item locations and wire colors.

ATTACH]

This was hanging under the dash disconnected....

I'm pretty sure that far connection that is hanging is for the door chime.

The white connector that is in the foreground is what was disconnected. Doesn't seem to have made a difference though haha

OK, found a local guy that does Mech work as a side job. He is going to take a look at the truck and just from talking with him, he thinks it may be that the timing belt skipped a tooth, or a fuel pressure issue.

He said he will check fuel pressure and timing and do whatever other diagnostics he can fit into a hour, for $30

If he can not find the problem in that hour, he waives the $30 fee.

Where was this local mechanic 233 posts ago? LOL :scratch:

Rate almost sounds too good to be true, hope he's legit. GL

Back