How many have a 3/28 build date??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many have a 3/28 build date???

xknoch

Reaction score
City, State
23mi NNE of PGH.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 LTD plat
I ordered 2/12, got VIN & build wk. (3/28) on 3/14, and ETA wk. (4/4) on 3/18. I know; that doesn't mean a whole lot !!!

Platinum with everything but rear DVD.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About the same. Ordered on 2/10, VIN and build date week of 3/28 on 3/16 and ETA of 4/4. Don't see how they can make the 4/4 delivery. I don't think I'll see my X until mid / late April.

Hi - Agree! Wanted to take mine to my sister's in Akron, OH on Easter. And on my trip to Ponte Vedra Beach, FL right after that.
Are you getting a Ltd? Maybe not 4WD though? But could use it in your sand!

I ordered 1/28, build week of 3/28..no ETA.

Yep. Ordered Limited. No snow in Florida (Tampa) and can’t drive on beach here so no need for 4WD/AWD.

3/28 build, 4/4 delivery

Ordered on 3/3

How many X's can be built in one day?

I realize that 3/28 date is for the whole week.

Ordered 2/28, Got my VIN and build date of 3/28 with an ETA of 4/4 :bounce:

The last few weeks have not been bad, but the next couple are going to DRAG by... LOL

I just called my dealer today and was informed that my build date would be 3/28,3/29 (I guess that means the week of). so in summary:

Ordered 3/8, Build Date (Week) 3/28, ETA 4/30 (he didn't really tell me the date, but he said my car should be there by end of April....)

However, these dates cannot be verified since he didn't really give me any numbers like order #, VIN#, etc.

I just called my dealer today and was informed that my build date would be 3/28,3/29 (I guess that means the week of). so in summary:

Ordered 3/8, Build Date (Week) 3/28, ETA 4/30 (he didn't really tell me the date, but he said my car should be there by end of April....)

However, these dates cannot be verified since he didn't really give me any numbers like order #, VIN#, etc.

I got my information from Seni (FordCustSrvc) and then confirmed with my dealer. I find it odd that they could not give you an order#. That is a key bit of info needed to get the build date and VIN....

@bill1234: i did ask him about the VIN but i didn't ask him specifically about the order # cos I didn't at that time until i read the posts here.

I also PM'ed Seni to see if he/she could tell me what information is needed for looking up the status, but she didn't response yet, so when i called up my salesman this morning, i just didn't know what info to ask for! Well, it's still early compared to others ordered couple weeks/months before me, i can live with it now (but not for long) :D

@paulfrank285 - Seni needs your Dealer# and Order#. Both should be on your DORA. If not, your dealer should be able to give you both of these.

No window sticker yet. No ETA when I called today. They seem to think my build day is 3/28. But, from his voice I'd say he wasn't sure & it was a guess. I honestly was waiting for him to say, sorry your order doesn't have a vin # yet(even though I do have one)....with the way this has been going! He said check back on Friday because they do updates on Thursdays. You'd think it'd be updated on a daily basis.

@paulfrank285 - Seni needs your Dealer# and Order#. Both should be on your DORA. If not, your dealer should be able to give you both of these.

thanks bill, yeah, Seni just PM'ed me. I have the dealer # (i took a picture of the preliminary DORA that he used to price my XLT) but i don't have the order # (after we finalized everything, he pressed the button, but i forgot to take a picture of the DORA, so I don't have the order #)

i just called the salesman and he said he would call me back with that... i hope.

Alright, Bill! Better check for mine. Thanx

Ordered 2/11, build date tom. 3/24:) So excited!!!!!

Ingot Silver XLT 202 spec, moon roof, tow package & power liftgate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@bill1234: i did ask him about the VIN but i didn't ask him specifically about the order # cos I didn't at that time until i read the posts here.

I also PM'ed Seni to see if he/she could tell me what information is needed for looking up the status, but she didn't response yet, so when i called up my salesman this morning, i just didn't know what info to ask for! Well, it's still early compared to others ordered couple weeks/months before me, i can live with it now (but not for long) :D

paulfrank285,

:D As I (she) mentioned in my PM, I will be glad to assist with tracking your vehicle. Be sure to send that information to me. Thank you!

Seni

Bill1234,

Thanks for referring him to me! :)

Seni

Back