opinion 0n which grille to buy for 2007 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

opinion 0n which grille to buy for 2007 explorer

east1la

Reaction score
City, State
Mount olive, nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer
hey everyone. I have a 2007 for explorer. I need on opinion which chich grille to get. I being looking at either at a billet grille kit (upper and lower area) and at chrome mesh front grille kit.

here is a picture of my ride. below. sorry for the picture quality. I took them with my phone today.
IMAG0915.jpg

IMAG0911-1.jpg

here is an example of billet grille kit on thinking of maybe buying. http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-09-10-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Billet-Grill-Combo-/160349310662?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2007%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AExplorer+Sport+Trac&vxp=mtr&hash=item2555904ec6

here the other option im looking at. http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-10-FORD-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-MESH-CHROME-HOOD-GRILLE-/280797624527?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4160d7b8cf

thanks in advance for your opinions.

where is the best place to buy either kits???? cheapest prices, but great quality.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That bottom one is sometimes called a "bentley" style grille - if you use the search I'm sure you can find the thread where some ppl where talking about them for a while (normally I'd do it for you, but I want to sleep).

Good luck with your decision - can't really offer my opinion though because I'm not much for billet grilles.

And if you give the thread some more time I'm sure people will respond.

the second. Looks way cleaner. Also it depends if you are going to eventually lift or lower your truck. The second for lowering the first for lifting.

My opinion would be the second one, also if you could mount the Ford emblem on it that would really look good. But I don't like billet grills on any car or truck.

up to you, bud

Up to you, but I don't like both grills.

thanks for all your response. the reason I thinking of replacing front grille is because before I bought my explorer, I didn't see many explorers in my color. now that I have one, I see them more in my area. I want to make my explorer different.

I prefer the first one...and as renzay said...the first is if you lift it and the second is if you lower it.

I like the 2nd one but in the black version. :biggthump

Keep your current grille, looks good.
Put the $ towards rims or headlights or paint your x all the same color, 2 tone isn't happening.

Keep your current grille, looks good.
Put the $ towards rims or headlights or paint your x all the same color, 2 tone isn't happening.

Thanks for your opinion. I being thinking getting some hid for headlights. I'm looking at some rims (maybe boss335 rims). I like the idea about solid color.

unless you dont like chrome, i say you keep it the way it is. it looks good.

I do like chrome on a vehicle. I may keep it like it is.

Personally I like the stock chrome grille but I would try and add a mesh insert behind it... It would set you apart and gives you a couple of choices on either chrome or painted and also the size of the mesh.

depends on the color of the body I wouldn't put black on white with chrome. I also am impartial to chrome. So I would in most cases do chrome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here you go, end thread. I had the billet myself before this grille and there is absolutely no comparison. People compliment my on my grille all the time. Grille looks much more solid in person, in the pics it looks like some cheap thin screen. Its really like an inch think. Next question is do you want chrome or black? I vote black.

DSCN1251.jpg

DSCN0827.jpg

Back