Running Boards - DeeZee and Others | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Anything has 15% off through Tuesday. Code is EMR1212.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AA shows these are not available for the explorer. Am I missing something?

AA shows these are not available for the explorer. Am I missing something?

No, you're not missing anything.
When I last talked to them about 2weeks ago, they were out of stock and stated it could take up to a month to get the black/black ones in.
A couple weeks longer for the black/chrome ones :mad:

Thanks for posting this. Most sites would just say out of stock, but AA site says not available making it seem like they don't even carry them. I need some now because my kids are small and can't get in by themselves without steps. Guess I'll see if any other deals are out there.

When I last talked to them about 2weeks ago, they were out of stock and stated it could take up to a month to get the black/black ones in.

Thanks for posting this. Most sites would just say out of stock, but AA site says not available making it seem like they don't even carry them. I need some now because my kids are small and can't get in by themselves without steps. Guess I'll see if any other deals are out there.

Google Dee Zee running boards and you'll find other sites that offer them. Slightly more expensive as you have to order the brackets separately. Still cheaper than some other options out there and personally I like the look better than nerf bars but that's a personal opinion.

I was lucky enough to get some from Auto Anything before they ran out. I hope to only use mine for 2-3 years while my kids are small.

Anyone know if the Dee Zee running boards for the 2012 fit on the 2013?

Spoke to AutoAnything today - Still not in stock. They suggested that I call DeeZee directly to inquire further.

I called DeeZee who indicated that there was a slight manufacturing change (rivets of some sort) and that they would be begin manufacturing the newer, updated running boards by Friday. They also indicated that they drop-ship for AutoAnything, so as soon as inventory starts up again, AutoAnything should have them on their website for ordering. Also, they indicated that the part numbers would stay entirely the same - for some reason (she did not know why), they had to redesign some sort of rivet pattern.

If you read on other forums, a lot of these boards are shipping with broken/missing rivets. People are having to replace the rivets with screws. I assume DeeZee is going to use larger/stronger rivets. Part number won't change because no one would buy the old stock. This way when you order, you don't know if you are getting the new or old and they get to dump the old stock on consumers. Very common business practice. Since I got mine from AAG, I assume I am getting the old version. :(

Spoke to AutoAnything today - Still not in stock. They suggested that I call DeeZee directly to inquire further.

I called DeeZee who indicated that there was a slight manufacturing change (rivets of some sort) and that they would be begin manufacturing the newer, updated running boards by Friday. They also indicated that they drop-ship for AutoAnything, so as soon as inventory starts up again, AutoAnything should have them on their website for ordering. Also, they indicated that the part numbers would stay entirely the same - for some reason (she did not know why), they had to redesign some sort of rivet pattern.

If you read on other forums, a lot of these boards are shipping with broken/missing rivets. People are having to replace the rivets with screws. I assume DeeZee is going to use larger/stronger rivets. Part number won't change because no one would buy the old stock. This way when you order, you don't know if you are getting the new or old and they get to dump the old stock on consumers. Very common business practice. Since I got mine from AAG, I assume I am getting the old version. :(

Thanks...maybe I'll wait a week after AutoAnything gets them back in stock...just to make sure they don't ship me the old stock! :D

I guess it's a good thing that AutoAnything drop-ships these particular items and it comes directly from the factory vs. some warehouse full of old parts with dust on them.

I'll have to remember to hopefully find some sort of manufacture date code on the box to ensure I'm getting one of the newly designed rivets.

I'll have to look into what you're saying about other forums listing problems with DeeZee rivets.

Edit,
Here are those links about others having problems with their DeeZee running boards and rivet issues:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/110289-dee-zee-runningboard-problem.html

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=7572.0

(Damn, that 4-Runner looks sweet!!!)

Got my brackets drop shipped from AAG today, but no boards in site. Since AAG is using drop shipping, I hope the boards are delayed for the redesign. I sent AAG an email asking them to contact the manufacturer. Wait and see.....

Received my boards today, drop shipped from DeeZee. Surprise, surprise....they were damaged. The two dents you see were caused before packaging. There was also one broken rivet and one loose rivet. They are nice looking and feel solid, but now I have to figure out how to get a replacement.

IMG_2455-1.jpg

IMG_2457a.jpg

That is disappointing. I hope they can get their act together. I am left wondering if they were overwhelmed by the demand?

Putting dented boards into a box is really inexcusable. Cheap, weak rivets is also unexplainable, because stronger rivets is a minimal cost. Not sure why they build such great boards yet have minor QA issues that prompt returns.

That is disappointing. I hope they can get their act together. I am left wondering if they were overwhelmed by the demand?

FYI...

DeeZee is back up and running with production of at least the Black Top w/Black Trim and the Black Top with w/polished (chrome) trim Running Boards.

AutoAnything is now carrying them too. I paid $298 for the chrome trim ones, using the 15% off code of WELCOME15. There is free drop shipping, directly from DeeZee on these running boards.

These running boards from AutoAnything INCLUDES the mounting hardware at no additional cost - you are not going to find that golden nugget bonus anywhere else! On Amazon, the mounthing kit itself is over a $100. No Tax in my state either! :salute: :usa:

I also got my AVS In-Channel VentVisors and AVS Bugflector II on the same order. My total out the door was ~$400, free shipping, and no tax!

I tried to get a hold of the sharkfin antenna place (VisualGarage) up in Canada via E-mail but never got a response back from them...does anyone have a phone number for them? They don't have one on their web site.

Where did you end up finding the black steel rims? Been searching and havent been able to locate any.

Not sure they ever stopped production because I got my boards after they supposedly stopped. I have been in contact with them and AutoAccessoriesGarage all week to get my replacement boards. They are actually letting me keep the dented boards and sending me a new set. Not sure what to do with dented ones. I will compare the two sets when I get the new ones and see if there are any differences.

FYI...

DeeZee is back up and running with production of at least the Black Top w/Black Trim and the Black Top with w/polished (chrome) trim Running Boards.

AutoAnything is now carrying them too. I paid $298 for the chrome trim ones, using the 15% off code of WELCOME15. There is free drop shipping, directly from DeeZee on these running boards.

These running boards from AutoAnything INCLUDES the mounting hardware at no additional cost - you are not going to find that golden nugget bonus anywhere else! On Amazon, the mounthing kit itself is over a $100. No Tax in my state either! :salute: :usa:

I also got my AVS In-Channel VentVisors and AVS Bugflector II on the same order. My total out the door was ~$400, free shipping, and no tax!

I tried to get a hold of the sharkfin antenna place (VisualGarage) up in Canada via E-mail but never got a response back from them...does anyone have a phone number for them? They don't have one on their web site.

It's a shame these boards have been having quality control/design issues. I hope that the ones that you guys are getting now are improved, as these boards seem to be the best looking for those not wanting nerf bars.

Thanks to the owners in this thread keeping us informed about this product :)

I'm ordering my set in a couple of weeks (live in Canada, and I REFUSE to pay 2x the cost - I'll just get 'em shipped to Niagara Falls and pick them up), but I have a question about the brackets - are they powder coated as well, or bare steel?

Looking at the install instructions the brackets appear bare metal, but I'm guessing this is because it was an install document by the mfg - I assume they are powder coated from DeeZee, correct?

Also, how long does it take to install? I was contemplating on installing them before I come back to Canada. Can it be done on level ground or do I need to raise the truck to install?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm ordering my set in a couple of weeks (live in Canada, and I REFUSE to pay 2x the cost - I'll just get 'em shipped to Niagara Falls and pick them up), but I have a question about the brackets - are they powder coated as well, or bare steel?

Looking at the install instructions the brackets appear bare metal, but I'm guessing this is because it was an install document by the mfg - I assume they are powder coated from DeeZee, correct?

Also, how long does it take to install? I was contemplating on installing them before I come back to Canada. Can it be done on level ground or do I need to raise the truck to install?

Thanks!

I'll let you know how long it takes me to install them after I get them (hopefully by the end of this upcoming week). I'll get some pics and post them too of the install (before and after).
If you need to get height...you could always park the front wheels up on a curb to get a few more inches of working space. I plan on doing mine in the driveway but I've got some ramps if I feel that I'll need more room.

So, how much are you avoiding in taxes by buying them in the U.S. and installing them on your vehicle before going back across the border? Would the tax officials at the border say anything if you had the boxes in the back of your vehicle when coming back into Canada?

Back