Running Boards - DeeZee and Others | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's another thread for deezee boards guys.

Well I have installed them. It is about 20 minutes to install the brackets, and then about an hour or so adjusting them so that the boards mount evenly and symmetrically with the body. But I got it done, and it looks good! :)

That's great. How did the boards look when they were delivered? Some people have noted that the boards were a little beat-up when they arrived, but DeeZee said they were going to package them better. Did everything get delivered okay?

AutoAnything is running a coupon code that will score you 30% off the DeeZee boards in case anyone is interested :)

I just ordered a pair and will let everyone know how it all goes.

can you post the autoanything 30% coupon code?

My running boards arrived yesterday and the packaging was very very poor. One end was completely wide opened that when i tilted the package the boards came out. One of the running boards was dented at the very end. I just contacted autoaccessoriesgarage.com and was told they would get back to me since the boards got shipped directly from Dee Zee.

Oh man, don't tell me that! Now I'm nervous....

I ordered it at autoparts warehouse

they send it to switzerland!

Cheers

Ours have been delayed, and should now ship on or before 05/25.

On another note, we received the mounting brackets via UPS the other day. To my surprise, there wasn't a lick of tape on the box, which you could easily open by lifting the flap. Oh well when it comes to quality packaging for shipping. I have not been able to pin down if Autoanything is at fault or DeeZee.

I'll keep you all posted as things get delivered...

Quick shark fin question guys

I like many of you have been having issues where my Sirius and even nav will drop from going under a pedestrian viaduct... Yes that right! Pedestrian viaduct.. The skinny ones. On top of that my ex fm radio does not get reception in a parking garage where my 2006 hummer gets perfect fm reception.

Do you guys thing the shark fin would solve some of my problems? I get that nav and Sirius need to see the sky if there aren't any terrestrial repeaters, but fm... That should work decently...

Nitzer51, naughty, naughty! Why are you posting about the Shark Fin Antenna in a running board thread???? :) Is your app acting up again? lol.

Tried to order the DeeZee boards today from AutoAnything and they said they were not available for the Explorer right now because they're working on a better bracket for the boards and I really need these...cuz my wife is 5'1" and she has MS, which makes it hard for her to climb up in the Ex...any suggestions guys....I don't want to pay an arm and leg for the boards but i really do need them...FAST....

Hmmm...What??? Better brackets? I'm waiting on my boards, but guess what was already shipped to me? The brackets... Ugh!

Vince the original poster had also posted about the shark fine.. It was hijacked by running boards! Haha

I think that was a different thread Nitzer, lol! :D

Well - I decided to order these in Black/Black knowing I was taking a bit of a risk.

Ordered Sunday, shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday. They are not damaged. The packing does now include some styrofoam at the ends and in the middle. But the sharp point on the end of the boards means they can pretty easily cut thir way through that (and even the box. So I can see why the problems occur - they really need molded styrofoam ends or a heavy duty cardboard wrap on the ends. So seems they may have improved the packing - but probably not by enough to ensure no damage if roughly handled.

Will be installing them soon - I do think they look good!

Alan

Alan, you got yours already??? Jeez, I ordered mine a while back, got the brackets pretty fast, but am still waiting on the boards! :(

Ours are black on black also. What a bummer. This whole purchase is starting to irritate me...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alan, where did u order your boards from? AutoAnything?

Back