• Register Today It's free!

Roof Rack

androofoo

Reaction score
City, State
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
i just went to REI to find about more about roof racks. i have a 2002 ford w/ a factory roof rack and the sales person said that i am required to buy a towers and new crossbars before i can add the actual snowboard clamps. i went home and looked up on yakima's site and found out a product where u can attach the snowboard clamps directly onto the factory cross bar w/out the towers and cross bar. is this possible? has anyone done this?

i just went to REI to find about more about roof racks. i have a 2002 ford w/ a factory roof rack and the sales person said that i am required to buy a towers and new crossbars before i can add the actual snowboard clamps. i went home and looked up on yakima's site and found out a product where u can attach the snowboard clamps directly onto the factory cross bar w/out the towers and cross bar. is this possible? has anyone done this?

If all you want to carry on your rack is a snowboard mount, Yakima has these clips called H CLIPS. But you have to have the factory crossbars as well. If you plan to put anything more than that, you'd better go with a full Yakima rack system. The factory rack is just not that strong.

MG

Back