Need Help! battery light came on 2 days ago and my truck just turned off while drivin | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help! battery light came on 2 days ago and my truck just turned off while drivin

jcory86

Reaction score
City, State
San Luis Obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ranger Extended cab
Help! The battery light on my 94 ranger came on 2 days ago and last night it just turned off while I was driving. I couldn't even get the hazards to turn on. It has no power at all.I've heard it could be the cables corroding on the inside. There is no outer corrosion. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like your alternator went out and you've drained your battery. Take your battery & alternator down to your favorite parts store to have them checked out.

Sounds like your alternator went out and you've drained your battery. Take your battery & alternator down to your favorite parts store to have them checked out.
I second that.

thank you!

That makes a lot of sense. Im taking the battery and alternator down to Autozone asap. Im sure I'll be fine but I havent been able to nail down exact instructions on removing the alternator. Any tips or pertinent information would be great! Thanks for responding so quick!

1. disconnect battery.
2. remove plug-in harness & batt cable from back of alt
3. remove serpentine belt
4. remove the 3 bolts holding alt to the bracket

reverse steps for install.

Back