Security system

drumguru1

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Hey all,
I'm kinda worried about the new X not having a security system other than an engine disabler. I carry valuables from time to time and would like to know if anyone has had either a dealer installed security system or an aftermarket system installed, pricing and if it works well. I had over 10,000 worth of hunting equipment stolen out of my brother's truck last year at 9am in a denny's parking lot right before we were headed out to go hunting. I never leave valuables overnight but am super paranoid about not having an alarm system anymore.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dark tint, good insurance. Nothing else is 100% protective unless you can invoke a disabling shock through the car's exterior. Even then...

My dealer threw in the alarm upgrade with the Extended Protection Plan. The alarm upgrade only took a few minutes, it's just a module. Better to have good homeowners/ rental insurance and lojack.

The alarm uses the same key for my XLT no real difference, just has an alarm.

Hey all,
I'm kinda worried about the new X not having a security system other than an engine disabler. I carry valuables from time to time and would like to know if anyone has had either a dealer installed security system or an aftermarket system installed, pricing and if it works well. I had over 10,000 worth of hunting equipment stolen out of my brother's truck last year at 9am in a denny's parking lot right before we were headed out to go hunting. I never leave valuables overnight but am super paranoid about not having an alarm system anymore.

Limited has a perimeter alarm too. Doors and hood.
See the owners guide

Limited has a perimeter alarm too. Doors and hood.
See the owners guide
Yeah but I walk all around the vehicle and pushed on it and nothing.

It would be interesting to see what Fords definition of "Perimeter alarm" is, (standard feature on XLT & Limited).

The one offered through the accessories store is listed as a "2 Step" perimeter alarm which appears to include a motion sensor. Doesn't sound like either system is triggered by external events.

Alarms don't sound if you bump into it. You actually have to try the door handle or something I think. At least the good, non-annoying ones do.

I have an XLT and the salesman said it does not have an alarm, can you tell me if it does or not? I checked the brochure and couldn't find it listed.

I want to add an alarm, but not sure if I should use the ford one listed above or an aftermarket alarm

It would be interesting to see what Fords definition of "Perimeter alarm" is, (standard feature on XLT & Limited).

The one offered through the accessories store is listed as a "2 Step" perimeter alarm which appears to include a motion sensor. Doesn't sound like either system is triggered by external events.

Let us know, my ltd did not have iisted on any paperwork.

Back