Glove box light mount and Center console latch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glove box light mount and Center console latch

Po1nt-Tak3n

Reaction score
City, State
Southern NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Exploder XLT
Apparently the PO of my truck was a little tough on the interior plastics.

They left the globe box light in it's mount/switch loose and unplugged in the glove box. I can't figure out where it mounts, does anyone have a description/picture of how this fits in the box?

They also either broke or removed the latch for the center console. There are two screws that look like they used to hold it in, but it seems like the whole latch mechanism is missing. Same deal - any description/pictures? Anybody know if replacement latches are available?

TIA! :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody? Pics:

WP_000064.jpg

WP_000063.jpg

I broke the latch on my center console. I tried to get a replacement latch at a junkyard but they would only sell me the entire console @ more than $100. You might have better luck.

The glove box light bracket appears to just slip over the latch.

Nobody? Pics:

WP_000064.jpg

WP_000063.jpg

I can see by your picture that the clips that hold the light in place are broken off, I tried to fasten it back several ways with no luck, so I just bought a new one ($45 + shipping) you may find one in a yard but chances are it will be broke also ( they break easy ). good luck.

Thanks guys! Not great news for me but I really appreciate the input!

Yep, if someone knows or can help out, he will usually jump on a thread. This site is a really good resource.

Back