Glove Box Light & Switch Assembly Mounting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glove Box Light & Switch Assembly Mounting

mlman

Reaction score
City, State
Commerce Twp, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I just purchased a 2002 4X4 Explorer XLT. The glove box light and switch assembly is just laying in the glove box. I put a bulb in it and it lights up and the switch turns it off.

However, I can't figure out how to mount the light & switch!

Does anyone have a diagram or picture of the glove box that shows how the globe box light & switch assembly mounts? I'm not sure I have all the mounting pieces.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty good at fixing things but, I can't figure this thing out either....

I just fixed it....The light assembly actually clips on the latch strike on the top of the glovebox opening, and the glovebox depresses the switch when it is closed.

Does it clip on from the top? I tried to figure it out but I guess I must not be too bright today (pardon the pun).

Does it clip on from the top?
I assume this has already been handled, but just for the benefit of others who might need this thread, my light was also just hanging there and as jdeazy said, it just attaches to the catch for the latch.

Identify the movable switch which the latch will hit to turn off the light and face it front so that it will occupy the space in the middle of the catch. From there it should become apparent how to attach by sliding it up and into place.

Back