2015 Ford Explorer Order Guide & Changes | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Ford Explorer Order Guide & Changes

Wonder how much the paint match door handles will cost now they are an option.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know of a price difference? I don't see pricing but am curious if the 15 would be more than the 14 but a considerable amount. With the tow package included by default that would could be a savings of 500 if they do not increase the price of the sport.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the 13 Sport and the 14 Sport?

Does anyone know what the differences are between the 13 Sport and the 14 Sport?

It says in the second link:

color matched door handles
tow package and power fold third row standard
401A now includes heated steering wheel
option for power fold second row

Few color changes

It says in the second link:

color matched door handles
tow package and power fold third row standard
401A now includes heated steering wheel
option for power fold second row

Few color changes

I did see that.. I wanted to know what are the differences in the 13 AND 14.

Anyone know of a price difference? I don't see pricing but am curious if the 15 would be more than the 14 but a considerable amount. With the tow package included by default that would could be a savings of 500 if they do not increase the price of the sport.

2015 is more... Based on the config my dealer ran for me it turned out $784.00 more at invoice for a 2015 - this includes the 401 package, moonroof and adaptive cruise. This already factors in that the towing package is now included. The other bump in price will be incentives - currently $2K on 2014, thinking not as high initially on 2015.

Of course you do gain heated steering wheel and power third row. So maybe more of a wash if you want those features if you don't factor in incentive difference. Shame they didn't put in HID lights in lieu of power third row and heated steering wheel - would have been better IMHO.

2015 is more... Based on the config my dealer ran for me it turned out $784.00 more at invoice for a 2015 - this includes the 401 package, moonroof and adaptive cruise. This already factors in that the towing package is now included. The other bump in price will be incentives - currently $2K on 2014, thinking not as high initially on 2015.

Of course you do gain heated steering wheel and power third row. So maybe more of a wash if you want those features if you don't factor in incentive difference. Shame they didn't put in HID lights in lieu of power third row and heated steering wheel - would have been better IMHO.

Thanks. Yeah sounds like it is not worth it to wait. Power fold seat and heated wheel not a big deal to me. sounds like they simply rolled those options into the pricing now and with the lack of incentives it is a further gap at this point.

Only thing of interest is the different color options but it is not a 2K+ need when you take into account lack of incentives and price edit.

Looks like it will be a 14 for me and hopefully this week.

When anyone gets any word from their dealer about ordering and pricing, let me know. My local dealer is (as usual) clueless. Gotta love internet forums -- getting you info months before dealers have a clue.

When anyone gets any word from their dealer about ordering and pricing, let me know. My local dealer is (as usual) clueless. Gotta love internet forums -- getting you info months before dealers have a clue.

My local dealers are the same, clueless.

Sales guys know less about the product then most of the members of this forum.

Especially when it comes to TSB's and recalls

Almost a year went by when I had my 13 Limited and no recall info from dealership on the 13S04 Fuel module recall.

I bet they took my 13 Limited trade in and sold it used without getting the recall done

Thanks. Yeah sounds like it is not worth it to wait. Power fold seat and heated wheel not a big deal to me. sounds like they simply rolled those options into the pricing now and with the lack of incentives it is a further gap at this point.

Only thing of interest is the different color options but it is not a 2K+ need when you take into account lack of incentives and price edit.

Looks like it will be a 14 for me and hopefully this week.

It's an interesting decision... I think you only have a few days to place an order for a 2014. I view it as a $2K bump in price. As I change cars too frequently - 18 months to 24 months typically, it has been suggested to me that it's smarter to get a 2015 as it's a model year newer and better for trade in time....

It's an interesting decision... I think you only have a few days to place an order for a 2014. I view it as a $2K bump in price. As I change cars too frequently - 18 months to 24 months typically, it has been suggested to me that it's smarter to get a 2015 as it's a model year newer and better for trade in time....

I am leasing so the lack of incentives and margional lift in residual value would cost me more.

Plus the dealer wants one off their lot badly it appears since they made me a deal I can not refuse. Looking to pick her up tonight.

I am leasing so the lack of incentives and margional lift in residual value would cost me more.

Plus the dealer wants one off their lot badly it appears since they made me a deal I can not refuse. Looking to pick her up tonight.

Would you mind sharing the deal (and amount of miles allowed) you are looking at? I would have to order since nobody has options I want.

Congrats BTW!

Would you mind sharing the deal (and amount of miles allowed) you are looking at? I would have to order since nobody has options I want.

Congrats BTW!
Dealers sometimes are anxious to move their vehicles near month end to meet certain quotas. Took my 2011 Limited in for oil and tire (Wheel) change and though I have a year left on the lease, I was told I could get a loaded 2014 F150 FX4 crewcab for just $80 a month more than I'm paying now. Tempting but I didn't go for it. Will try to extend my lease next March and get a 2016 Ex.

Peter

Interested in a 2015 Explorer Sport but have concerns

Hey gang,

If you decide to take the plunge and order a 2015 Explorer, send me your order info (order number and dealership name/location) so I can keep you notified of your Explorer's status. I'll hook you up with weekly updates; I have it on good authority that it helps the wait go a bit faster. :D

Crystal

Hello,

I am a new member and am interested in purchasing an Explorer Sport for me and my family (wife and infant). Being an engineer, I'm performing my due diligence with forum-based research. I am very surprised at finding certain long standing issues with this generation of the explorer. These issues are troublesome to me and seem to have been present since the first production year of this model, several years ago. My concern is whether they have finally been resolved and what the actual root cause was. These issues, in priority of concern are:

1) Entry of exhaust fumes into the occupant compartment. I consider this poisoning since occupants are in a closed environment. Fluid splatter due to leaks is a quality issue that can be fixed and is not as concerning. Rather, what concerns me, is the apparent phantom problem of emissions being fed back into the recirculation system for "some" vehicles. This is indicative of a larger issue. Has the root cause been determined and fixed?

2) Power steering failure at high speeds. This vehicle will be driven by my wife with my son as occupant. Does potential for steering failure fall into a high enough criticality level that requires a back-up (i.e. a system with reduced temporary function that will prevent total, sudden failure). In aerospace, the introduction of safety aspects into design, firmly based on critically levels, are the norm. What has Ford done about this and are the newer vehicles still failing?

3) Water leaks in rear area, penetration through roof rails or lift gate, with capability of soaking the interior carpeting and seats. Has QA engineering resolved this issue on the production line?

4) My Ford Touch navigation system tracking issues (would buy the navigation package). I just don't want to be disappointed. Is this issue fixed?

5) My Ford Touch general bugs - Is it still buggy to a point where I'll need to do system resets regularly? Shaking my head at the Ford/Microsoft integration teams... I just don't want to be disappointed.

My wife and I have test driven the Explorer Sport and appreciate the overall comfort, feature set, engine performance and driving experience. This is amplified if one takes into consideration the very enticing price point when compared to prices of the Germanic offerings here in Canada. Having already owned a new German sports coupe and having dealt with the eventual maintenance nightmares, we do not want to go back (happy with our current Ford Focus). However, the above issues reported by the forum members here, particularly the exhaust issue, is holding us back from pre-ordering the 2015 Explorer Sport. I would appreciate feedback from Ford, from a technical engineering perspective, regarding my above concerns.

Thank-you,
Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum maverick1101.:wavey:
Mark, I would suggest that you check out the threads on the smell, water leak and steering issues.
Start from the last post and work your way back and check out the model years (left column) of the posters. I doubt very much that the Ford reps would be able to tell you whether or not any issue has been fixed.

Peter

Back