Help need for brake guide pin position? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help need for brake guide pin position?

Dawei

Reaction score
City, State
Cochrane
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 limited
Hi, I have a 2015 ford explorer limited edition.
I did my brake pad last year. But I did not pay attention to the guide pin. I might put the pin with rubber sleeves in the wrong position.
I will do my brake again this coming long weekend. Could anyone tell me the guide pin with rubber sleeves goes to top or bottom on front caliper and rear caliper?

I am talking about the sleeves not boots.

More specific is better. Thank you so much.

Hi, I have a 2015 ford explorer limited edition.
I did my brake pad last year. But I did not pay attention to the guide pin. I might put the pin with rubber sleeves in the wrong position.
I will do my brake again this coming long weekend. Could anyone tell me the guide pin with rubber sleeves goes to top or bottom on front caliper and rear caliper?

I am talking about the sleeves not boots.

More specific is better. Thank you so much.
Why do you think it’s in the wrong position after a year? Have your brakes been driving you problems for a year?

Why do you think it’s in the wrong position after a year? Have your brakes been driving you problems for a year?

Because I want to make sure I do it in the right way. And I read a guide saying the up and lower pin should not be changed.
Overall my brake is ok for last year. Little bit vibration recently, but I think it is maybe caused by rotor. So, I will change the rotor too this time.
Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Back