Explorer Job 3 changes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Job 3 changes

Riley

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 XLT 4WD
Newest order guide just came out. Since I can't post the complete guide here for some reason. Notable changes.

JOB 3 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES – Effective on all vehicles built on or after Job #3 (12/03/12 – Subject to change)
- New Explorer Sport Series
- Fore/Aft adjustable 2nd row (40 section only of 60/40 bench
seat)
- Summer only tire optional on Sport (late availability)
- DVD Headrest (50S) is now a custom accessory pre-installed
- 2nd Row Bucket Seats (173) and Console (51D) now
available on Limited Equipment Group 300A
- Heavy-Duty Front and Rear Brake Calipers Standard on XLT,
Limited, and Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So i'll be the first to question on whether people's 40 seats now can be retrofitted to slide or not. If it's a few hundred dollars for the brackets/equipment, definitely something I'd be interested in.

Wishful thinking!!

Im wondering about the Heavy Duty calipers......if they are the Police Interceptor ones.

they need to add armrest for bucket seats, Cory... is there any way to pass down the message all the way to the head of the snake?, I tried social media like twitter and face book but it just falls on deaf ears....

they need to add armrest for bucket seats, Cory... is there any way to pass down the message all the way to the head of the snake?, I tried social media like twitter and face book but it just falls on deaf ears....

Hi MikeTheExplorer,

I'm Crystal, another member of the Ford Social Media team. I'm the new Ford Rep on this forum since Cory moved on to new projects.

You can submit your armrest suggestion to the Your Ideas section of http://social.ford.com/. Once your idea is posted, come back here and post a link so we can all vote on it!

Crystal

I am a little confused. I am shopping for a Limited with the second row bucket seats and console. Do the bucket seats PRIOR to job 3 slide for and aft, and job 3 just adds this feature to the 40 side of the split bench? Or, do the bucket seats PRIOR to job 3 NOT slide, and job 3 adds sliding to BOTH the buckets and the 40 side of the bench?

Any got a job 3 unit with buckets yet??

Thanks,
Tom

I am a little confused. I am shopping for a Limited with the second row bucket seats and console. Do the bucket seats PRIOR to job 3 slide for and aft, and job 3 just adds this feature to the 40 side of the split bench? Or, do the bucket seats PRIOR to job 3 NOT slide, and job 3 adds sliding to BOTH the buckets and the 40 side of the bench?

Any got a job 3 unit with buckets yet??

Thanks,
Tom

Buckets already slide.

Im wondering about the Heavy Duty calipers......if they are the Police Interceptor ones.

Yes, they are the Police ones. It also now uses the Police rotors and pads.

Thats 30% more swept area then the retail ones so thats a huge improvement for the retail Explorer.

I was wondering why my brochure said that for the limited and 2nd row buckets you had to add 301A package or higher but the computer and the dealer allowed you to build the vehicle with 300A and 2nd row buckets ! On a side note, I want to be able to access the rear/3rd row seats easily since I have 3 kids. The 2nd row buckets seem like the easiest way. On the 60/40 bench seat does the 40 section slide far enough forward to allow access to the 3rd row or do you have to completely "fold" the seat to get back there?

I was wondering why my brochure said that for the limited and 2nd row buckets you had to add 301A package or higher but the computer and the dealer allowed you to build the vehicle with 300A and 2nd row buckets ! On a side note, I want to be able to access the rear/3rd row seats easily since I have 3 kids. The 2nd row buckets seem like the easiest way. On the 60/40 bench seat does the 40 section slide far enough forward to allow access to the 3rd row or do you have to completely "fold" the seat to get back there?
I have the 2nd row bench seat and the 3rd row seating. Unless Ford has made changes since the 2011 model came out, neither part of the bench seat slides. It is a fold and tumble arrangement. Only the 6 passenger Explorers have a bench seat that slides according to my Owner's Guide. Not sure where passenger #6 will sit though.:dunno::scratch:

Peter

Slide

I've got a '13 Sport and the right side bench does slide (drivers side is fixed position). However, you'll still need to fold the seat a bit to get access to the 3rd row. It's not easy with a full sized child's seat but thankfully my eldest child we can now put in a simpler booster...

Back