U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!! | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

u haul breaks the country up into marketing companys(MCO) 735 is in missouri hope this answers your question

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just purchased a reciever for my X from U-Haul. They even offered to install it (for $50 more). The guy even came out and showed me where the hidden trailer plug was that I needed to splice into for lights. He did mention that they couldn't rent to X's, but I didn't think anything of it untill this morning when I found this thread. I take it this ordeal isn't going anywhere for a while.

Sounds like a boon to Ryder.

just a quick question... ive replaced the front shocks, ball joints, a tie rod, and the radius arm bushings in my 93 sport.. yet i still have a "chatter" noise when im going up my redneck wv gravel driveway, or when i hit small pot holes. Any ideas on what it could be?

This is a thread discussing U-Haul policies.

You will get more and better answers to your question by posting to the correct forum.

The subject has probably been discussed elsewhere, as well. Try a search of the most useful threads.

Didn't roll, not even once.

I was hooking up my trailer last weekend and realized that I have a U-Haul ball on my bumper hitch. I towed the trailer all the way to the furniture store and back and didn't roll over. Not even once! ;)

:exporange :roll: :exporange :roll: :exporange

I just towed a Uhaul with my Exporer and they didnt care....once i told them it was a Mazda Navajo;)

Someone should sell magnetic "Navajo" or "Mountaineer" labels to stick on explorers when we go to Uhaul.

Physical evidence

Just in case you guys have not read my signature...

13364IMG_0008.jpg

It was on my truck when I bought it like 5 months ago.

F14CRAZY said:
Just in case you guys have not read my signature...

13364IMG_0008.jpg

It was on my truck when I bought it like 5 months ago.
Looks like that reciever hitch doesnt see much action based on the fact there is no Ball on it :p

Yeah I know! I don't have a trailer to tow. I have the receiver (I got yesterday) to fight off rear-enders and to put a clevice when i need to use a tow rope.

I have a simple remedy. Pick up the uhaul trailer with a different vehicle then transfer it to the Explorer. Once you are finished, return the trailer towed by the explorer. That is sure to get them burning. For an excuse, tell them the original vehicle broke down.

U-Haul Bull

:usa:
ya'll still wanna ***** at Uhaul, im game. I had the same incident yesterday. The trailer wasn't even anything big. Anyone know of anyone that will rent trailers to explorers?

Uhaul is discriminating against Ford Explorer owners!

This is all news to me!

:exp:

I've owned Explorers for the past 8 years with absolutely no problems. I purchased my last two with the installed towing package and have towed 20 foot trailers loaded with landscape supplies and equipment, with no incident. Today I went to rent a 4x8 trailer from U-Haul and they wouldn't rent it to me...I was mad enough to spit. (I didn't though, because I'm a lady!) The guy tried to blame it on Ford, and the fact that U-Haul buys GMC products for their fleet of rental trucks! I knew that was a crock of S**t.
I was caught between a rock and a hard place, because I had to pick up a piece of furniture within the hour, so I called my son and he had to pull the trailer, with his Ford F-250! This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and I promise you that I'm boycotting U-Haul from this moment on.

That is weird. I pulled a U-haul from Utah to Wa with my 2 door gen 1. But that was in '99. Before the ban I suppose.

Decodeb said:
This is all news to me!
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and I promise you that I'm boycotting U-Haul from this moment on.

We're all boycotting U-Haul :(

I wanted to rent a U-haul trailer once, I was also told they don't allow Explorers to tow their equipment, so I suggested using my wife's Jeep TJ, and that was blown out of the water just as fast as the Explorer. I guess they don't want good trucks towing their junk.

Slap some Mountaineer badges on your Explorer then they'll rent to you.

I had no clue this was that far back

Man, I need to come around this forum more....or I would have known sooner..

This news of U-Haul rejecting Explorers as a tow vehicle pisses me off to no end. We've towed 2-4 fully loaded horse trailers as well as a small U-Haul with a Piano in it over the years with my 93' sport with little or no trouble.

What's the most irritating is that I'm planning to move sometime around summer 2005, and the ONLY one way trailer dealer around here (that I know of) is U-Haul. After this I think I'll buy my own darn trailer. Screw U-Haul, besides, maybe I'll get some use out of it. I'll join you guys in the ban on U-aul.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it is a bunch of @#$# crap because toyota 4 runners roll just as easily. I think that the Explorer has got a bad rap because they are the most common SUV on the road.

Back