BL help! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BL help!

You can also get aftermarket polyuerthane mounts with all the other bushings for a 2nd Gen for about $300. Or, you can buy 1 body mount from Ford parts for about $50-60. Keep in mind, the front mounts (near the bumper) won't need the threads...the PA853 kit says to drill them out and use through bolts/nuts anyway. So if you are replacing those only because the threads are screwed up, don't worry about it.

Sorry I missed this thread, I could've given you my recent lessons on this one....lots of wd40, lots of heat, and lots of elbow grease on the business end of a 2ftx2" pipe over the handle of my wrench. @#$$#%@ red locktite....

I was able to re-use all of mine but I had to cut new threads into the shoulders of the bolts that came with the kit....they were too long and didn't go all the way in before stopping when the shoulders hit the threads in the bodymounts.

PM me if you have any questions. See this thread here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i got another question when i cut the mounts out i only hacked the part of the mount that is located on the bottom side of the frame the mount that is between the frame and the body is still in good condition, is there a posibility that i still could reuse just the part of the mount that runs between the body and frame and just run a washer and nut under the frame to hold it in place?

anybody try this before?

I wouldn't do this. The upper and lower body mounts thread or press into one another providing a cushioned sleeve for the bolt to ride in....I'd buy the body mounts for safety sake...

nvrhapy said:
... is there a posibility that i still could reuse just the part of the mount that runs between the body and frame and just run a washer and nut under the frame to hold it in place?

Thats exactly what I did for all my body mounts. The upper mounts were all ok, but 7 out of 10 of my lower mounts were toast. I ended up replacing all lower mounts with 3" washers 1/4" thick.

derocha, how long have you been running this setup with the washers, and has there been any sign of problems?

nvrhapy said:
derocha, how long have you been running this setup with the washers, and has there been any sign of problems?

I have been running this setup since July 2004 with zero signs of any problems. The washers I used were 1/4" thick; at least 3+ times the thickness of the mounts they replaced.

hey guys those last 4 mounts that i had to cut out(the two front ones and the driver and passengert side under the front seats ones) well i drilled the bolts out but the bolts and sleeves came out together so when i put the new bolts through the mount there is a lil play and the bolt is able to move side to side a bit will this give me a problem, my plan was to run the bolts straight through with washers and a nut on thet top and under side.

You can't work the sleeves free and reinsert them?

Soak'em in WD or Deep Creep overnight and try punching the bolt through...

I'm thinking you'll need the sleeves for stability...I did mine so long ago I don't even remember if/what the function of the sleeves were, but I'm gonna venture to guess they're needed.

i give that a shot but they are pretty bad

Back