Torsion Twist, Where do i measure? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torsion Twist, Where do i measure?

2000Xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Parker, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
i need this question answered because i am doing my TT and shackles in less than 3 hours, where do i measure for how high i lift the front with the TT? i know i shouldn't go over 2'', but i need to know where to measure for the 2''. thanks

and dont tell my to search this site because i have spent forever looking through TT guides and all they say is take before and after measurements

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where to measure

When I did my rear leaf springs they told me to measure the befor and after by measuring from the bottom of the RIM to the bottom of the fender.

( Clickable thumbnail)

Hope this helps.

thanks i am just about ready do start the work

i did my TT and Shackles last night, i like how it turned out.
now im thinking options for the next step, i cant decide what to do next

1. Black Wheels
2. Cold Air Intake System
3. Window Tint

and comments?

pick one and run

Measure points

SplashMan said:
Little late, but I measured from the center bottom of my wheelwell to the ground.

The difference is that the tyre could be changed to a different height tyre, then the measurement would be distorted. If you re-meaured after the tyre chnage then you might think it is sagging, or has raised.

By measuring from the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the wheel well the distance should remain the same if you change the tyre's to a different height tyre. ALSO tyre wear would change the measurements, as the tyre wears out the measurement might lead you to believe that it is sagging. It could be but you wouldnt really know how much. The rim measurement is more solid.

BUT if you then changed the RIMS to a different size rim,, well it would be stuffed again.

or you could have a low tire, giving a false reading compared to the ground. I like the rim measurement, because it takes the tires out of consideration

Your just going vertical^^^^^^^^^^^^, measure from the ground up, inside of wheelwell works, is not rocket science:)

Back