• Register Today It's free!

wheel pattern

Ammo2fm

Reaction score
City, State
Cheyenne
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport
I have an 03 sport trac 4x4 has factory 16''s and want to change the rims out to 15' steels for later mods. I know there 5 lug but are they 5 on 4 what other 4x4s can I get rims off of that would fit? what is the bolt patttern i need? thanks Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5 on 4.5

The bolt pattern is the same, but you better test fit the 15" wheel first. The 15's don't fit over the larger front brakes for the most part. Ford went to 12" rotors in the 2001+ Sport and Sport Trac trucks, and only installed 16" wheels. Most 15" wheels won't work, if any do they will be extremely close. Good luck,

15x8's will often work. I test fitted some black "unique" brand 15x8's on the front and they fit over the brakes fine. My spare is mounted on one of those wheels.
The rest of my wheels are 15x8 chrome ;)

15X8 steel wheels will generally work. I have them on mine and they clear everything fine. 15" aluminum rims are sometimes a problem since the aluminum is thicker then the steel, but I have seen some stock Explorer 15" rims fit just fine on a Sport Trac. 15X8 steelies should be no problem. Test fit anything else to make sure.

I know its an old post but...

will15 x 8's fit on a 91?

Yes, 15" x 8"s will fit on your '91 just fine. This thread is discussing the Sport Trac which has larger brakes and comes standard with 16" wheels for that reason. Your Explorer came with either 14" or 15" wheels from the factory, so there should be no reason a 15"x8" wheel wouldn't fit provided you got the proper backspacing and offset.

Tom

Correct, and some 15x10's work to. (Sport Tracs) Most classic II's and classic locks fit great.

Back