• Register Today It's free!

2" Body Lift

SploderXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLS
I'm thinking about going for a 2" BL rather than a 3". I'm having a hard time finding a 2" bodylift for an explorer/ranger(newer than 1994)
mines a 2000, which kit do i need? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey there i have the same problem mines a 2000 XLS. have been told that the body kits we need are the ranger body kit #883 for a 3 inch BL. for the 2 inch BL am not quite sure......

For the 2" use the Explorer 1991-1994 lift.. I believe its #792. You don't need to a steering extension with the 2" lift kit.

Patton said:
Are you talking to the 2000 guy or me (2001) or both?

Both.. Any 2nd gen can use the 2" body lift for the 1991-1994 Explorer. The reason why is because there is no steering extensions needed and I believe the bumper brackets aren't used. A few members have used the 2" body lift on their Explorers.

ok that sounds great. thanks for the info. 1 more question, what is the biggest sized tires i'd be able to run without any rubbing?? have heard stock can run a set of 31's, just wanna make double sure before i go ahead and buy like 33's and not be able to fit them....

Yes, that's the right one for 2" body lifts.

j

Will that 2" BL fit my 02 sport

Well I Beenn Thinkin Of A 3" On My 01 Xlt But Right Now I Only Turned My T Bars A Few Times And Have 33X10.5-15 Boggers On It Only Slight Hair Rub On Back Side Of Front Fender Just The Fender Flare Tho

Back