where to mount ballast? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where to mount ballast?

mazzasec

Reaction score
Ya well my new HID's came with the screw mounts so im not gonna be using the double sided tape to mount them. Wheres the best place i just spend like 30 minutes just lookin and tryin diffrent spots and i cant seem to find a good one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Neither could I, so I opted with the double sided tape. There is no where to really mount them. The pass. side I mounted next to the wiper fluid (hopefully no one spills that **** lol) and the drivers side I mounted ontop of the fuse box.

This is how I did it:

Driver side:
img3065gn6.jpg

Passenger side:
img3066ex7.jpg

Greg

Hey guys
a quick follow up:
I'm selling the Explorer, and last night I took out the HID's you see in the previous photos.
6500K, 9006 set, with ballasts, mounting hardware you see above.

Since 9006's are not used here in Europe they are little use to me. If anyone wants the whole package for 60 bucks I ship them for free and also throw in a small swiss chocolate as a souvenir :)
paypal is OK.

Greg

Hey guys
a quick follow up:
I'm selling the Explorer, and last night I took out the HID's you see in the previous photos.
6500K, 9006 set, with ballasts, mounting hardware you see above.

Since 9006's are not used here in Europe they are little use to me. If anyone wants the whole package for 60 bucks I ship them for free and also throw in a small swiss chocolate as a souvenir :)
paypal is OK.

Greg

Does that include Australia (the free shipping, and especially the chocolate bit). If so, I'll take them. Just PM me your paypal email account thing, and I'll PM you my address. If shipping to Oz is a bit more than to the US, then I'd be happy to pay the extra.

If you'd rather see them on a blue X than a red 1 let me now, damm Jcuz you are too fats
Scotty

haha
but i better start thinking about starting a chocolate shipping business! :D

i'm pricky about installations and seeing wires so i hid both my ballast under the radiator cover..not sure if thats what you would call it but its the plastic part that covers the radiator n fan

i'm pricky about installations and seeing wires so i hid both my ballast under the radiator cover..not sure if thats what you would call it but its the plastic part that covers the radiator n fan

pricky??? Way to be self deprecatting lol :D

i mounted mine next to the windshield wiper reservoir and between the battery and fender.

Back