Huge Before and After pics, Blacked out Rims, Lights, Grill | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Huge Before and After pics, Blacked out Rims, Lights, Grill

Well after some work, i think i am finally happy. Give me some input!!
expo3jg1.jpg

expo1ul5.jpg

dsc00805bb0.jpg

dsc00806nd0.jpg

dsc00807tf2.jpg

dsc00808rd6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the direction you're trying to go.

However, I would:

-Remove pinstripe
-Remove sidemoldings
-New 17"+ wheels/tires (black letters out)
-Lower it
-Replace black corners with clear corners
-EE front bumper cover
-Black out the rear bumper, splash panels, and trim
-Remove roof rack
-Tint front windows

C'mon, you know that makes you drool!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Oh yes, iam going to do as many as those things as possible
pinstripe is a good idea
new bumpers definetly
i can see it already!!!

Looks like a Police Interceptor Package Explorer (no there wasn't one, but it looks like the crown vic polive package)

Put a wire antenna on that and you could have some fun
When I get bored, I just park with my parking lights on by the road, and get a kick out of people hitting the brakes...

When I get bored, I just park with my parking lights on by the road, and get a kick out of people hitting the brakes...

THATS awesome :D

gomach1: how did you do your wheels... and I like the chrome cap because it does look like an Interceptor

Thats a good idea, my friend asked if i wanted his CB, i just might take it

THATS awesome :D

gomach1: how did you do your wheels... and I like the chrome cap because it does look like an Interceptor

I wet sanded them, used wax and grease remover, then black spray paint, then clear

Wasnt hard at all

I'll admit I don't like the looks of black wheels especially on a black truck.

However you did a hell of a good job painting them so I will give two :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now theses I do like which I have a set of waiting to go on

Attachments

• DC1 Black.jpg
    DC1 Black.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,460

Advice

I wet sanded them, used wax and grease remover, then black spray paint, then clear

Wasnt hard at all

Ok, I've used spray paint before...what exactly do you mean by wet sanded? Also, you used the wax and grease remover to clean up the sanding job afterwards? And finally, did you use any primer before the black and clear paint? Thanks for the help and it looks great.

Ok, I've used spray paint before...what exactly do you mean by wet sanded? Also, you used the wax and grease remover to clean up the sanding job afterwards? And finally, did you use any primer before the black and clear paint? Thanks for the help and it looks great.

Since my rims werent in bad shape i first washed them.
While they were wet, i took some (i think 200 grit, ill check) but a fine grit sand paper and sanded the entire rim.

I then used the wax and grease remover to clean up any spots that i might have missed or any grease, other wise the paint wont adhere well

So then i took the paint can and misted it the first coat, then followed with a few heavy coats.
Allowed some dry time and then applied a few coats of clear.

It might sound complicated, but it is easy, and well worth it at least to me!!

I'll admit I don't like the looks of black wheels especially on a black truck.

However you did a hell of a good job painting them so I will give two :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now theses I do like which I have a set of waiting to go on

I would have liked to have gone with a rim like that, i just didnt want to spend money, cause i have another project car and a bunch of little things the X needs

wow those look good, i was just gonna tint my stock ones, but might have to second think that...

Time to revive :D lol

I was curios on how your rims have withstanded abuse since you painted them? I meen have they scrathed easy or have they heald pretty good? I have been thinking of painting mine black because im looking to black out my whole rig (except the headlights) but im to poor to buy brand new rims lol.

Time to revive :D lol

I was curios on how your rims have withstanded abuse since you painted them? I meen have they scrathed easy or have they heald pretty good? I have been thinking of painting mine black because im looking to black out my whole rig (except the headlights) but im to poor to buy brand new rims lol.

well i actually sold my xplorer for a mustang a while back. and the dude who bought it from me had totaled it... but they withheld good, i went through a set of tires and even getting new ones on they didnt scratch. only thing was they moved the balancer and i just had to touch up the paint....

i LOVE those smoked headlights with the billet grille
looks really good man

i think the center caps look good still crome, valance absolutly needs paint though.

Looks good! what did you use for paint on the grille?

Nice street look! I'm new to the forum but love the street x's. I agree with you on the center caps keep em chrome it gives it that police interceptor look.

I think it looks great love the grill and the rims.Its a ride to be proud of.Gave me some good ideas.

You looking to sell those blacked out headlights/blinkers?
Lol, I could buy them/partial trade you my stockers if you wanted...:D

Back