• Register Today It's free!

VIN # problem

nooberiffic

Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Strange thing. I was looking at my insurance and I noticed it listed my Explorer as a Limited.
So I checked the VIN of the truck and it matches the title.
The my decal on my rear door says XLT.
I ordered a build sheet from ford and it says XL 4x4.

Hmmm. I talked to my insurance agent and he said the title is clean, Limited is what pops up when he inputs the VIN, and he cant find any accidents in its history.
I guess I could go ask the dealership where it was bought 15 years ago... Its only 140 miles away.

What do you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Then file an insurance claim....ALL of your Limited accessories and features were STOLEN!

...LOL...

I wouldn't worry about UNLESS the 'Limited' status raises your Insurance Rates....THEN complain.

Ryan

yeah, that's the only reason I started looking in to it.
Just for curiosities sake, what are XL, XLT and limited options that are specific to those trim levels.

Is a 4wd auto. Windows are tinted, has premium rims, 60/40 seats with fold down center console and there are markings on the floor where one of those floor consoles might have been (that might not have been factory though, also now has buckets and a center console), push button 4wd (though has man hubs now), roof rack, PS CC AC.
maybe it was in a wreck and they replaced the rear hatch (the only XLT marking is on that)
Anything I should look for to identify it as either an XL or XLT. I doubt it was ever a limited (they would have had to change out almost the whole interior)

yeah, that's the only reason I started looking in to it.
Just for curiosities sake, what are XL, XLT and limited options that are specific to those trim levels.

Is a 4wd auto. Windows are tinted, has premium rims, 60/40 seats with fold down center console and there are markings on the floor where one of those floor consoles might have been (that might not have been factory though, also now has buckets and a center console), push button 4wd (though has man hubs now), roof rack, PS CC AC.
maybe it was in a wreck and they replaced the rear hatch (the only XLT marking is on that)
Anything I should look for to identify it as either an XL or XLT. I doubt it was ever a limited (they would have had to change out almost the whole interior)

A limited would have monochromatic paint and body cladding, and mesh style wheels.

Back