What do ya guys think of my winter wheels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do ya guys think of my winter wheels?

Jon04CTSV

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 CTS-V, 2008 X LTD V8
Put them on today, getting ready for the winter :(

255/60/18 Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow on 2009 Mustang GT Wheels (18x8.5). There's almost no clearance on the inside, but it doesn't touch or rub anything. Had these wheels for my Windstar, but sold that and bought the Explorer, so I had to use them somewhere :D

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

With my baby, which is getting stored in a couple weeks for winter :(
IMG_4349.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha your winter wheels are nicer than some folks regular wheels!

Haha your winter wheels are nicer than some folks regular wheels!

No Joke!! Those are way too nice for winter!! Would be happy with them for Summer. Nice.

truth, i want a set :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. They were supposed to be my summer setup for my Windstar. Unfortunately I sold that, so I sold the rubber off the rims, bought the Pirellis, and mounted them up to the Ex! It sure is a different look than the stock 20s. More trucky.

I love the Mustang Wheels...

Put them on today, getting ready for the winter :(

255/60/18 Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow on 2009 Mustang GT Wheels (18x8.5). There's almost no clearance on the inside, but it doesn't touch or rub anything. Had these wheels for my Windstar, but sold that and bought the Explorer, so I had to use them somewhere :D

With my baby, which is getting stored in a couple weeks for winter :(

Do you know if the center caps on that year Mustang wheels are interchangeable with other similar year Ford/Mercury wheel center caps?

I have been considering these for my 08 Mountaineer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0348257894&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But I would like to use my stock Mercury or earlier year Marauder center caps on them.

Chris

Do you know if the center caps on that year Mustang wheels are interchangeable with other similar year Ford/Mercury wheel center caps?

I have been considering these for my 08 Mountaineer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0348257894&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But I would like to use my stock Mercury or earlier year Marauder center caps on them.

Chris

They SHOULD work. The center caps I'm using on those Mustang wheels are from a 2002-2006 Explorer.

Those polished bullet/torquethrust are a near perfect look on your truck. Should have been factory wheels, not the chrome clad crap. And I feel the same way about the 20's.
So are the rims too close to the calipers or the tires to the control arms.
Wonder if a set of 17" bullets from a S-197 mustang might offer a greater selection of tires and better fit?
2 thumbs up, love the look.

Those polished bullet/torquethrust are a near perfect look on your truck. Should have been factory wheels, not the chrome clad crap. And I feel the same way about the 20's.
So are the rims too close to the calipers or the tires to the control arms.
Wonder if a set of 17" bullets from a S-197 mustang might offer a greater selection of tires and better fit?
2 thumbs up, love the look.
Very very close to the control arm.

You neighbor has a pretty sweet ride across the street! :yelexp:

looks good

Thanks guys. They were supposed to be my summer setup for my Windstar. Unfortunately I sold that, so I sold the rubber off the rims, bought the Pirellis, and mounted them up to the Ex! It sure is a different look than the stock 20s. More trucky.

Since you have those awesome winter wheels... Is there any way you would like to part with your Stock 20" wheels? Thanks for your time.

Joe

Since you have those awesome winter wheels... Is there any way you would like to part with your Stock 20" wheels? Thanks for your time.

Joe
The 20s are my summer wheels. I love them so no, sorry.

CLEAN nice looking man, were they a christmas present?

CLEAN nice looking man, were they a christmas present?

No, this post is from October lol. I had bought the wheels for my Windstar which I ended up selling.

Nice looking wheels! How did you deal with the tire pressure monitors?

Nice looking wheels! How did you deal with the tire pressure monitors?
I bought another set and re-trained them to my car

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mustang wheels

Deleted

Back