• Register Today It's free!

Explorers with a RACK!!!

02dubs

Reaction score
City, State
leland/ Traveres City, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLS
Just wanted to see what kind of racks peopl were using.... for bikes or whatever... I need to buy a Snowboard setup soon... need some ideas. So post some pictures..... Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

millertime you are a huge help with that post. lol that is exactly what i'm looking for for my mountaineer. it will fit my spare 35 really nicely

i had a board rack for my surf boards on the top of my truck but i never got any pics with it on. i only leave it up there for trips to the beach because it whistles too loud when i have the sunroof open

no prob bud. make sure you pick up the extension for it as well. I believe it adds 18 or so inches. Without the extension it looks tiny. But i love the look of this Rola Rack. Its not too tall and the front looks awesome with that fairing.

lets go lets go lets go.... More RACKS!!

Roof Rack from Colman. I know... Needs lights.

Attachments

• 12-08 022.JPG
    12-08 022.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 5,584
  • 12-08 026.JPG
    12-08 026.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 3,156

Yea im lookin for a snowboard rack and i found one that holds up to 4-8 boards but the guy doesnt know if it will fit my 02 X. He said if the roof of my x has an extruded lip style rain gutter then it will fit . Does any one know on here if the 02 Explorers have the extruded lip style rain gutter????

Yea im lookin for a snowboard rack and i found one that holds up to 4-8 boards but the guy doesnt know if it will fit my 02 X. He said if the roof of my x has an extruded lip style rain gutter then it will fit . Does any one know on here if the 02 Explorers have the extruded lip style rain gutter????

no they don't but there are board racks out there that mount to our roof racks

It's a bad pic, but i have a Yakima set up w/ the lowrider towers and crossbars, two bike racks, and a Powderhound for the snowboards.
Explorer.jpg

a pic of my full size yakima rack.

Attachments

• expy  rack.JPG
    expy rack.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 4,378

i hope you dont plan on mounting lights on. that would be alittle tough with the black widow. my frirends trooper had that problem.

don't have it yet but this is the one i have my eye on:
http://www.etrailer.com/pc-rola-cargo~59504.htm

That's the one I have on mine. Easily fits a 32" spare, with room to spare (pun intended). In fact I've had 4 rims with tyres on it (when I was getting a changeover from HT tyres on the stock rims to the Cooper STTs, which were already on other rims, onto the stock rims).

Explorer_SilverRims_Side_1.jpg

That's the one I have on mine. Easily fits a 32" spare, with room to spare (pun intended). In fact I've had 4 rims with tyres on it (when I was getting a changeover from HT tyres on the stock rims to the Cooper STTs, which were already on other rims, onto the stock rims).

Explorer_SilverRims_Side_1.jpg

Hey JCUZ, do you have the extension for the rack?

Hey JCUZ, do you have the extension for the rack?

Nah - just the standard (large) size rack. It's basically the same length as the roof rack, and is long enough for me (said the hooker to the pope!).

here's mine it's a yakima
P1010724.jpg

P1010729.jpg

P1010726.jpg

161asu9.jpg

vfxev7.jpg

e0q23p.jpg

I don't know if you'll be able to fit a 35 on those racks you're looking at. Mine that my brother built fits a 35 with space to spare. The picture with the allterrain is only a 32 though. I have 35's now

Axial what brand rack is that?

Custom Built.. !!! My younger brother built it for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyway your brother might be making more?

Back