Worlds smallest HID kit Group Buy!! Christmas Special | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Worlds smallest HID kit Group Buy!! Christmas Special

ENORMOUS Christmas Sale!!! Group buy ends Monday, December 14th at midnight! Give the gift of excellent night vision and styling this Christmas!!

blazeboxfrontcopysmall-1.jpg

Introducing the brand new, Blaze HID kits. Smallest ballasts on the market. Easiest H.I.D. kits to hide ever! Ballasts 1/3 size of regular ballasts.

GROUP BUY IS OVER!

WaterOne.jpg

WaterTwo.jpg

WaterFive.jpg

WaterThree.jpg

103_2316.jpg

6000K HID's on my own personal vehicles!

blazeboxbacksmallcopy.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont understand the problem about plug & play. These look and hook up like any other HID set I have ever seen.
What exactly were you looking for?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The plug in your hand plugs into the connector on the light with the two wires in it. The other two wires coming out of the ballast plug into the bulb itself (black to black, red to red). on the other end of the two wire plug is some bare terminals that you need to wire to your headlight low beam ground and positive. Not exactly plug and play but it can be done.

And on this site, 9008 (H13) Male plug ends are $3.49 + shipping
So I suppose I could just shove those little connectors into the OE female plug at the risk of no more weather protection (for long term anyway).

Thanks for the link to the pigtails, that looks like a good way to go.

I dont understand the problem about plug & play. These look and hook up like any other HID set I have ever seen.
About 3-4 years ago when I purchased the only other set of HIDs I've ever seen in person for my 03 Busa, they were true plug & play. The high beam was 9007 and the low beam was an H7... or something along those lines. They plug straight in to the factory harness with no individual pins to be plugged in separately.

I had assumed that that was how HIDs were, couldn't imagine them going backward in user-friendliness. As you've clearly pointed out, I was mistaken.

If anyone wants more pictures of this kit, let me know as I would be happy to post it. Right now I'm deciding between installing this kit at is with the risk of blinding others for test purposes or get some G3 projectors and a spare set of headlights to put them in. Either option will probably wait till spring.

Nope, the bulbs and ballasts come seperate. You plug the ballasts into the headlight plug, put the bulbs into the headlight socket, and connect all the little wires lol

Nope, the bulbs and ballasts come seperate. You plug the ballasts into the headlight plug, put the bulbs into the headlight socket, and connect all the little wires lol
This makes sense. But then the ballast would have to have 2 separate wires to support the bi-xenon.

I don't remember how my other setup was as it was too long ago, maybe it was just 1 wire in and 1 wire out for each ballast. That setup was not bi-xenon.

Agreed. Pretty standard looking HID kit outside of the tiny ballasts.

So heres my review regarding this kit.

I purchased 3 kits, two for my Ford and one for my Ninja.

Installing the fogs was straight foward and worked properly.

Installing headlamps were a straight foward install as well, but thats where it ends. One light would not fire, I tried many things to fix problem with help from Flashtech. But after a week of messing around I finally found that I had two defective ballasts. Thankfully the other kit I had bought it was relativily easy to try another ballast each time one did not work. They now function as should. After all this I decided I did not want to install the kit in my Ninja because of these problem I had. So I want to return the kit to them in which I will be charged a 20% restocking fee even though the kit I am returning now has two defective ballasts. I am not happy about the restocking fee but don't want the headaches associated with the first install.

I will let others be the judge if they want to purchase this particular "mini balast" kit in the future.

So heres my review regarding this kit.

I purchased 3 kits, two for my Ford and one for my Ninja.

Installing the fogs was straight foward and worked properly.

Installing headlamps were a straight foward install as well, but thats where it ends. One light would not fire, I tried many things to fix problem with help from Flashtech. But after a week of messing around I finally found that I had two defective ballasts. Thankfully the other kit I had bought it was relativily easy to try another ballast each time one did not work. They now function as should. After all this I decided I did not want to install the kit in my Ninja because of these problem I had. So I want to return the kit to them in which I will be charged a 20% restocking fee even though the kit I am returning now has two defective ballasts. I am not happy about the restocking fee but don't want the headaches associated with the first install.

I will let others be the judge if they want to purchase this particular "mini balast" kit in the future.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I suspect that you didn't wire in the anti-flicker capacitor in with them before deciding it was the ballats? Out of the 100+ HID kits I have installed, I've had 3 or 4 bad. I think with your next HID kit you will find you will still need to wire in a capacitor to level the load due to the new systems electronics. For my charger, it's called HAL. It monitors the amount of current and sees 30 watts (HID) when it's programmed to look for 55 watts. They all react differently, from a complete fail to ignite, to working ballasts for a month, then flickering and failing. A capacitor will fix this 90% of the time. Another common thing is pulsing, flickering, or working when the car is OFF, but not when it is ON.

Before you send the kit back, let me personally paypal you a few bucks so you can buy a capacitor. I sent you a PM. Given the low number of Ford sales for HID's with our company, and you guys being "guinea pigs" I'd be willing to bet that that is the problem.

e-mail me personally at florit0275@yahoo.com let's see what we can work out.

So I suppose I could just shove those little connectors into the OE female plug at the risk of no more weather protection (for long term anyway).

Thanks for the link to the pigtails, that looks like a good way to go.

The reason that we use prongs rather than plugs is that the plugs dont work between japanese and american cars. That is, the polarities are switched and often highs will be lows, so they only work with high beams, or worse dont work at all.

This is why we use prongs now. I hope this helps and I hope everything is working out for you.

just seen this thread now i see it was started a year ago not to be a dick or anything but my ballasts are smaller than those and ive had them for 2 1/2 years :)

just seen this thread now i see it was started a year ago not to be a dick or anything but my ballasts are smaller than those and ive had them for 2 1/2 years :)

Your ballasts are smaller than the black cylinders pictured in the first post of this thread? Please show.

Your ballasts are smaller than the black cylinders pictured in the first post of this thread? Please show.

These are the only good pics i found that i have I will take better one soon
IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

Honestly to me, they look to be damn close to the same size, just ones a miniature regular ballast, and ones a round one.

yeh its just slightly smaller but that company is running a 20% special on everything until the end of november

You think those are smaller than these?

WaterTwo.jpg

These are the only good pics i found that i have I will take better one soon

Those ballasts you've shown look no different than any other "slim ballast" available out there. I've got two under my hood, and two in my spare parts bin that look pretty close to yours.

I'm with Gary (DirtyDog), the ballasts listed in this thread that's gotten hijacked look a smaller (as in the photo above) than the slim ballasts we both have.

So, "It's still size that counts." Only this time it's smaller that wins.

This is a year old thread......Who cares??????

Just saying that his 2 1/2 year old ballasts are nothing like the ones that were for sale in this thread.

yes i now probably better. mine are smaller then that picture u just posted above on mine it is a very small rectangle box smaller than the cylinder in your picture as long as you get some sort of digital kit the size doesnt matter at all ESPECIALLY with our explorers and such. there is so much room the ballast could be as big as a football and I would still be able to put three kits in my truck. the only time a slim ballast or smaller ballast would come in handy is if you had a smaller car with not alot of room to work with. as long as its digital 35w ballast its fine size dont matter. not knocking your product or anything and the company i got those from now makes them bigger the same size as the ones you posted on page 1, i just cant complain with the quality/durability and price.

Back