Rear Bearings and Rear Brake Replacement...which parts to order? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Bearings and Rear Brake Replacement...which parts to order?

forcemac

Reaction score
So same situation as my previous rear ball joint thread.....I am overseas, need to make sure i get all the right parts...

At Rockauto.com i have the following in my basket for the rear brake and bearing job...

Wagner Rotor BD125759 (x2)
Wagner Parking Brake Shoe PAB791 (x2) (read these may be damaged with rotor removal?)
Wagner Thermoquiet QC881 Pads (x2)

Doing bearings as well..so I have this in the cart
SKF Axel Hub/Bearing Assembly Repair kit (rear) BR930259K (x2)

Any other pieces I might need in case the repairs don't go as planned? Read something about the park brake springs?

I need to know stuff that may break....it really hurts to be dead in the water waiting 7-10 days for parts to come in...

thanks

order park break kit hardware the old one will be rusted and difficult to adjust easier to install with hubs off . i see u x2 on pads they come for both sides in one package so dont over order

order park break kit hardware the old one will be rusted and difficult to adjust easier to install with hubs off . i see u x2 on pads they come for both sides in one package so dont over order

WHich one do i get? i have disk brakes on back...i see one that says "drum in hat"...does that mean drum brakes?, another in which the pictures looks the same as the drum one, but doesn't say, then the wagner one...that doesn't say a thing....(all from rock auto)

Don't recall which specific vehicle you have, but the parking brakes on the rear are a drum brake inside the rear rotors, sort of a brake within a brake. Any of the ones listed as Parking Brake Hardware should work. Can you get brake cleaner and silicone brake grease where you are? They are handy but don't think the brake cleaner can be shipped?

Back