• Register Today It's free!

d-hook Question

ramren16

Reaction score
City, State
greeley, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 explorer sport
the plan is to use a universal mount since the body lift there is no place to put tow hooks so i want to put several gussets behind the lip to strangthen it up and i want to
mount.png
weld on some D-hooks on the front of the lip.will this work

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How think is the mount? I don't think I'd trust it, even with all those gussets. Recovery points should always be attached directly to the frame. On my 1st gen having a body lift made more room for mounting tow points. Why don't you post some pics of your front end so others can give you ideas for mounting; you can also search as there are threads full of pictures of tow hook mounts.

here is a picture if what i want to do, i cant find any info on the thickness as i dont have the mount yet. i will get some pics of the frame from underneath so show that there is no to add a tow hook without makes some crazy tall ones or cutting the plastic bumper cover(which i will not do). the sport/sport tracs have a huge bumper compared to the first and second gens
bumper.png

anyone else have any thoughts

Couldn't find any pictures but do a search on here.

Back