• Register Today It's free!

Brush Guard

steventadams

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Wasn't sure where to put this so I figured here would be best. I bought a brush guard from a fellow forum member for my 01 Sport. He had it on an 02 sport so i know it fits mine. My only problem is that the mounting brackets wont slide in far enough to get the guard anywhere near the front end of the truck. The tow hooks are in the way. Does this mean that I have to take the tow hooks off before I can put the guard on? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you answered you're own question...

Plus you're the one looking at it, so you tell us. :p:

The tow hooks are in the way. Does this mean that I have to take the tow hooks off before I can put the guard on? Thanks.

I was thinking more alone the lines of am I trying to put it on wrong...

no your not putting it on wrong. the tow hooks do have to be removed. i think they can then be reinstalled.

awesome thanks. thatll give me something to do this weekend.

and the deed is done. tow hooks came off. brush guard went on. some blood was shed in the process but it was worth it. looks good.

okay now lets see the result..
:ttiwwp:

All done. Next task is the shackles and TT.

0711071143a.jpg

0711071143.jpg

0711071142.jpg

now do something about the tow hooks....are they back on? if not you should fab somethig up...

Looking good man, I like. Now get that thing lifted. :D

It looks Sweet:thumbsup:

The guard looks very evenly mounted. Some guards are a pita to align, but yours came out very symmetrical.

the lift will come when i get myself some jack stands and my parents leave the house for more than a few hours...

Yeah my dad didn't like the idea of me moding my X ethier but there wasn't much that he could do cause since I have payed it all off it by myself then its my car to do whzat I want to it. Just recently after I put the BL and tires on he said something about it looking good and he was suprised, that meant SO much for me to hear it say that

It took my dad 3 years to stop saying "your ruining a perfectly good truck" :D I guess that means its "ruined" now. :thumbsup:

That's hilarious - my dad used the SAME EXACT LINE.

"Jay, I don't get why you want to ruin a perfectly good truck."

But when it came right down to it, he was out there alongside me for 40 hours working on the body lift and bumpers. :thumbsup:

He secretly thinks it looks real bad ass, he's just worried about rollovers now.

But when it came right down to it, he was out there alongside me for 40 hours working on the body lift and bumpers. :thumbsup:

Same here. He keeps trying to talk me into another vehicle so i dont have to worry about this one when i go off road. He is just worried about me not having transportation. If i could..... i would have a 250... but its just not in my measly budget as of right now.

Looking good steven. Keep it up. My first mod was removing the air dam on my front bumper..... actually the ground took care of it for me, i just had to clean up the mess. :thumbsup: then came lights, BL, tt, shackles, aal, tires, new bumper, gears, lockers.... then everything breaks:roll: and you start all over. :D

My mom has the same car you do, and when she wants to get rid of it.... I think i'm going to buy it. The boxed frame goes back further and she only has 1/10 the rust that i do.... and its a bad ass looking front end. I like the lines on the sports/sport tracs.

Back