Question on Standard 6-speaker Audio system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on Standard 6-speaker Audio system

brawn555

Reaction score
City, State
North Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 xlt
I am about to purchase an XLT without the MFT and just the standard 6-speaker system. I was wondering if you could hook up an aftermarket navigation system to that screen that comes with the system. Anyone know about this? Has anyone taken out the entire unit and replaced it altogether with an aftermarket in-dash navi?

First, I am pretty sure it is 8 speakers.

Second, I don't know of a way you could add NAV like you are asking. The hardware is all there, it's a software chance essentially. As to replacing the whole thing, I could think it's far cheaper and less trouble to add the $800 NAV option. Then you wouldn't lose all the MFT bells and whistles.

Or, skip MFT all together, and install a full car PC.

First, I am pretty sure it is 8 speakers......

Base with standard 6 speakers, XLT with optional 8 speakers (requires 201A/202A) otherwise it's just like the Base with only standard 6 speakers, Limited has standard 12 speakers.

Base with standard 6 speakers, XLT with optional 8 speakers (requires 201A/202A) otherwise it's just like the Base with only standard 6 speakers, Limited has standard 12 speakers.

right now there is no way to add an aftermarket in-dash navigation because no one makes a dash kit at this time, once a decent one comes out I will be adding a Pioneer in dash nav unit to my base model.

Back