My explorer Eddie bauer 1999 with some mod | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My explorer Eddie bauer 1999 with some mod

mengjin89

Reaction score
City, State
pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 eddie beauer
PC170082.JPG

current pic without front (parking )sensors.
PC280115.JPG

auto-start backup camera, starts in less than 2 seconds if just start truck and put in backup gear.
backup sensors start instantly whenever car ignition is on, and put in backup gear
DSCN1639.JPG

A pic long time ago, has aftermarket clear chrome headlight on, 35w HID.
Have this truck since 2009 dec, drove for 30k miles. Grill bumper, save me trouble when slightly rear end a pre2000 Taurus, it absorb some energy. Both cars look good after rear end. Projector headlights with 55w hid 4300 k, want the best performance but legal, modify to have low + high beam when switch to high beam. DVD/gps/apple/USB stero, 7 in LCD. Two moto two-way radio, thinking of replacing the high end LCD in stock. One for 150-170mhz, another for 800 MHz. New amplifier with new sub. Fixed heated seats because relay in fuse box in engine bay failed. Backup camera, backup sensors, front sensors, I will use speed signal either from radio, or from OBD II reading to operate. Lots of EE/Computer programming in progress now. Am I going to keep this beauty long? Not sure, it is old, and I don't like the mirror, as it blocked right in front of my eyes. Thinking of removing it permantly, or attach it on the roof. I have another spare auto-lights back mirror. Maybe I don't need it, as I have backup camera. Fixed HVAC blower motor resistor.
need some advice, is 255/70/r15 better than 235/75/r16?
Thanks for looking, pictures come in mins, sent from my iPhone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site, your Explorer look clean and well taken care of.

Welcome to the site, it's great to have you here.
Tony

Thanks, I watched your videos before, they are great. I need some advice, which one is best? 255/70/r15, 255/75/r16, 235/75/r15?

Nice Explorer, what part of Pa are ya from?

nice truck

Thanks, Centre County, State College

Nice, use to go to State College everyday for work, AFN is coming up soon, would be cool to have another Ex owner put their truck in the show :D could follow me if you don't know the way.

Nice, use to go to State College everyday for work, AFN is coming up soon, would be cool to have another Ex owner put their truck in the show :D could follow me if you don't know the way.

Sounds cool, need to follow you. when is the event? What's AFN about?

welcome and nice x u got there keep up good work

Back