• Register Today It's free!

1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 2WD

migar95gt

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer V8
Well after a couple of months of looking, I finally found a replacement for my 96 XLT V6. It only has 354xxx on the odometer (worm gear was out for about a year), but it’s getting a little tired. So last Thursday night we picked up a 1999 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD with 163xxx. Black with tan trim and tan leather interior. I got it from the second owner. He had not intended to sell it, but his wife bought a new car and they needed to sell one of the 2 Explorer’s they had. The other was a Red 2001 Eddie Bauer, but not in quite as good a condition as the 1999. The exterior is in excellent condition, only a few nicks and scratches. The interior is like new, except for the console lid (needs recovering – no big) and front seats (needs a good cleaning and conditioning). It has the 5.0 and 3.73LS rearend. I need to replace a bulb or 2, but other than that, it’s good to go. The engine compartment is clean. Not steam cleaned clean, but well taken care of clean. So is the underside. No sign of leaks. It has new shocks, new brakes, new tires, new front wheel bearings, new upper and lower ball joints. Needless to say, we are quite happy with it.
The pictures are the ones the previous owner posted on Craigslist. It's been raining too much here for me to take any new ones.

http://s222.beta.photobucket.com/user/glockriver/media/1999%20Explorer%20Eddie%20Bauer/Exterior1_zps566a1e05.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/glockriver/media/1999%20Explorer%20Eddie%20Bauer/Exterior1_zps566a1e05.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=136187941287008900625552360195

congrats! like the truck, hate the bull bar. i had been considering this vehicle a few weeks ago.

Koda,
Yea, I did not like the bar at first, but my wife loved it the first time she saw it. Now that we have it, I really like it also. I think it adds a bit of uniqueness to the vehicle. Oh and thanks for leaving it for us.

Shot me a PM or e-mail. I have a question for you. (migar95gt at hotmail.com)

okay. i shot you an email

Back